Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3599Y
Administrative Assistant, People & HR Leadership
Houston, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Administrative Assistant, based out of the Houston, TX office, is responsible for providing exceptional administrative support to the company’s VP of People Operations, VP of Talent Management, Learning and Diversity, and VP of HR for our Shelter Business while exercising a high degree of discretion and confidentiality. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively in a fast-paced, exciting environment. They will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituents on the three supporting executives, including calendar management, travel planning, in-person and virtual meeting preparation, and business reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support executives by representing the office with exceptional customer service, interpersonal savvy and efficiency, and attention to detail
- Proactively manage multiple complex calendars, planning and coordinating domestic travel
- Communicate on behalf of the supporting executives with internal and external constituents, including written and verbal communication
- Drafts letters, memos, documents, and various reports requiring knowledge of methods, procedures, policies, and the nature of business and the organization
- Handle incoming and outgoing phone and electronic communications while exercising and maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and compile all attendees' necessary presentation materials and agendas
- Serve as key data entry and compilation minute-taker for multiple meetings, consolidating information as needed into reports and presentations; provide follow-up materials
- Manage, reconcile, and submit expense reports for the three executives, process bills, order supplies, and provide general office support
- Work closely and collaborate with the Executive Assistants for other leaders and colleagues in support of special assignments
- Ability to run numerous concurrent projects, gather cross-functional input, and prepare drafts monthly
- Develop detailed onboarding plans leveraging templates, and continuously improve onboarding process and related documentation with input from HR and senior operations leadership
- 50% of your time will be spent on executive assistant work, 25% project execution, and 25% general HR tasks
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 2+ years in a corporate environment supporting multiple executives at the top executive level highly preferred
- Prior experience in an HR related role preferred
- Advanced ability related to project management (execution)
- Proficiency in data collection and reporting
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong time management skills (proven abilities to prioritize tasks, multitask, meet deadlines, work independently, proactively, and reliably)
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs of and opportunities
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships and be calm and flexible under pressure and amidst changing priorities
- Advanced proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, TEAMS, and PowerPoint
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Adaptive to changing environments
- Superior attention to detail, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, proactive, positive, strong follow-through, and highly professional
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, as well as the ability to complete tasks quickly with little to no guidance
- Ability to build a positive team environment and establish working relationships inside and outside of the group
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.