Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 11817
Columbus, OH, US / Remote
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking an experienced Automation Project Engineer to help transform our industry leading Windows plants with an automation renaissance, by installing PLC controls, robotics, sensors, and other systems. You will work remotely, but you must be able to travel to our plant sites, which will likely take up more than 50 percent of your work time.
As an Automation Project Engineer, your responsibilities will include oversight of all technical activities on assigned projects. Utilize your engineering skill sets bringing expertise from a systems perspective with emphasis on electrical, software and mechanical. You will plan and coordinate assigned engineering work to ensure compliance with applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards that meet the contract requirements. Responsible for coordinating project personnel and activities with other project participants. This role is responsible for recognizing technical problems and initiating appropriate corrective actions. Measures of success include annual cost savings, automation up-time, project scope, cost and timing adherence.
- Design and development of automation projects from conception to completion for plants all over the US, as well as for corporate design portfolios.
- Project management, including capital budget development, capital budget maintenance, and expense reduction projects.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables, including creating project engineering schedules and forecasts; monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Accountabilities for the successful completion of engineering projects include establishing project goals, budgets, timelines, and scope as well as monitoring and tracking trends.
- Participation in contractor meetings and resolving manufacturing/engineering and management project issues.
- Facilitation of the design, purchase, and implementation of machinery and equipment for manufacturing processes and coordinate projects and improvements with plants.
- Establish relationships with vendors to keep equipment updated and current with latest technology and improvements.
- Preparing reports and documentation as needed to communicate properly with plant leadership, vendors and other involved parties.
- Ensuring adherence with governmental and industry codes, standards and regulations (e.g., OSHA, EPA, RCRA, UST’s, CERCLA, SARA, DOT, RIA and other as applicable).
- Participating in corporate and plant efforts to maintain safe and orderly work environments.
- Working with plant locations to foster and develop teamwork in our efforts to be productive and competitive.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering required (Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience with Automation, Robotics or Machine Controls in a manufacturing environment.
- At least 2 years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of PLC and HMI programming including Allen-Bradley RSLogix & Wonderware software.
- Experience with robotic integration and programming.
- Ability to travel more than 50% with overnight stays.
- Ability to incorporate data into corrective action plans.
- Demonstrated track record of leading projects.
- Able to develop, troubleshoot and/or integrate machine controls.
- Knowledge of problem-solving tools and techniques such as 8-D, A3, DMAIC, 5-Why, etc. desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.