Silver Line | Employer reference: REF2486O
Class A CDL Driver
North Brunswick Township, NJ, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base pay starts at $31.90 per hour
Shift: Day Shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Driver will be expected to transport and deliver our windows and doors to our dealers, distribution centers and/or construction job sites using a tractor-trailer. This position requires a wide range of skills from practicing safe driving and delivery to top-notch customer service. This is a hands-on delivery driving position and will be Over-The-Road (OTR) during the week and home on the weekends.
- Safely assist in the loading and unloading of the product to customer’s location and/ or return products. (Driver will be required to handle the windows and doors)
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of windows and doors of varying weights
- Drive truck to destinations in accordance with Federal regulations
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including driver logs, possible fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle
- Professional representation of Silver Line Windows and Doors
- Able to answer questions regarding packing lists, invoices, packaging, and material content. If unable to answer specific questions, direct customer to appropriate contact
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License and doubles endorsement if twin trailers are pulled at location
- Have an acceptable accident and moving violation Motor Vehicle Record
- 2 years of previous tractor-trailer (or straight truck, depending on equipment) driving experience including winter driving experience (equivalent Military DD214 experience is acceptable)
- Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, maintain logs, etc
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions via onboard computer system and by phone
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, vehicle inspection, and maintenance
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation
Site Address: 1 Silverline Dr. North Brunswick, NJ 08902
For more information, please call 262-269-1752 or text (262) 261-3767
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work, and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.