Ply Gem Windows & Doors | Employer reference: REF3972F
Rocky Mount, VA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 Per Hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking a CNC operator to join our Production line in Rocky Mount, VA, location. Competent operator to use computer numeric controlled machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Position is for 1st Shift. Position requires thorough training, Knowledge, and CNC machinist background.
- Knowledge on CNC machines and able to setup programming
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machine can perform function
- Adhere to Site Wide Safety Protocols and Requirements (Personal Protective equipment is mandatory)
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and dependable
- Physical requirements: Must be able to physically stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items
- Reading and understanding blueprints and work orders to be processed
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in a manufacturing environment
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on machine/equipment
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Willing to learn and take on additional tasks as assigned
- Excellent Communication skills
- Reading fractions/decimals
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one year of related work experience in manufacturing or comparable work environment
- Skills and experience in operating CNC equipment
- Basic computer skills required
Site Address: 315 Pell Ave., Rocky Mount, VA, 24151
For more information, please call or text: 540-404-2314
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.