Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF7647D
Customer Technical Support Manager
Houston, TX, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Customer Technical Support Manager will be responsible for managing the team and owning the customer technical support process for all customer-facing digital applications in the Shelter Solutions business unit of Cornerstone Building Brands. Partnering across departments, this role ensures that customers get their technical support needs met quickly and professionally. They are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the technical support team and ensuring customers receive prompt and effective assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, coaches, and inspires a team of support specialists and customer service representatives
- Sets clear performance expectations, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work environment encouraging teamwork and professional growth
- Utilizes data to identify areas for improvement, and opportunities for staff development
- Monitors and manage call center queues to maintain service level agreements and minimize wait times
- Partners with product owners and internal SMEs to solve more complex customer issues quickly, while capturing and disseminating new knowledge articles for use by support staff
- Ensures timely and effective responses to customer inquiries, technical issues, and service requests via phone, email, or chat
- Handles escalated customer concerns, seeking solutions that exceed customer expectations. Follows up with customers and internal teams to communicate issue resolutions
- Plans and execute processes to support business operations by developing and implementing customer service improvement strategies
- Continuously enhances intake processes and workflows, identifying areas for improvement and implementing best practices to improve customer service to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Creates and implements incident, problem and change management policies and procedures
- Builds, publishes and manages the service support catalog / knowledgebase and enables self-service through an effective service management strategy
- Develops and manages processes to pro-actively communicate known system issues and changes across the customer-facing roles in the organization
- Implements continual service improvement through process reviews, metrics reporting, and trend analysis
- Prepares and presents regular reports on call center performance, including call volume, response times, and customer satisfaction metrics, to senior management
- Reports customer feedback, trends, and issues to stakeholders and collaborates to recommend solutions or suggest changes to website, products, or services
- Reports and tracks defects uncovered during the customer support process
- Creates, manages, improves, and deploys technical support processes and scripts within the organization following industry standard frameworks / methodologies (ITIL and other)
- Develops standard support processes to assist customers with an analysis of their needs through qualifying questions over the phone and may use remote applications to diagnose the needs or physically onsite to the customer’s organization
- Supports the prioritization of enhancements in partnership with Product Owner and Operations Manager
- Develops expertise in the supported customer-facing digital systems, identifying opportunities to formalize system knowledge to improve the support function
- Stays current with IT industry trends and emerging technologies
- Provides guidance and technical expertise to team in resolving complex technical issues
- Collaborates with the IT department to escalate and resolve technical problems efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years’ experience in technical customer service support operations
- Exceptional customer service skills and a customer-centric mindset
- Proven experience in managing an IT call center or similar role
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with service management tools (Zendesk, Ivanti, Service Now….)
- Experience creating and implementing process workflows and knowledge articles for incident management
- Self-motivated work style with ability to research solutions and learn new systems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet service level objectives
- Experience with remote support and monitoring tools
- Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an overall project perspective for a variety of customer groups
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization / time management skills and rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent follow-up capabilities, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- ITIL or related customer service management certification preferred
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Asana, and related project tools preferred
- Knowledge of leading e-commerce systems a plus
- Familiarity with Azure Commerce Cloud (Hybris) e-commerce a plus
- Experience with construction, architecture and/or manufacturing industries a plus
This position has a virtual-first hybrid work arrangement with a preferred location in Houston, TX with a minimum of two days a week in the office or co-located with other team members.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.