Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF4878A
Data Analytics Project Manager
San José, San José Province, CR
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
To be successful in this role, the project manager must have excellent communication, negotiation, and leadership skills, and work well under pressure. They should also have a strong understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques, and be able to adapt to different project requirements and environments. Additionally, they should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively.
This project manager will have responsibility for supporting the Data Analytics and Business Intelligence technology leader in deployment of projects supporting Data Warehouse, Data Cubes, and PowerBI analytics dashboards. The data analytics project manager should have a good understanding of data analytics tools, techniques, and technologies. They should be familiar with different data analytics software, data visualization, data cleansing, and data modeling activities. Familiarity with middleware used to connect different systems or applications, specifically Dell Boomi, is a plus.
The selected project manager should have 5+ years of project management experience in the data analytics domain with discipline, excellence, and evidence in executing within a defined process framework.
Objectives of this role
- Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment and project closure, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and implementation plans, including risk mitigation in alignment with the Cornerstone Building Brands (CBB) PMO Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure that projects adhere to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Analyze project status and when necessary, revise the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that project requirements can be met via change management policies and processes.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant client stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
- Project Planning: Creating and maintaining project plans in Smartsheet, defining project scope, goals, and objectives, identifying project resources, timelines, and budget.
- Team Management: Building and managing the project team, assigning tasks, tracking progress, and communicating with team members to ensure project milestones are achieved.
- Risk Management: Identifying and managing project risks, developing contingency plans and taking corrective action to minimize the impact of risks on project outcomes.
- Stakeholder Management: Identifying and engaging with project stakeholders, managing stakeholder expectations, and ensuring their needs are met throughout the project lifecycle. Facilitate Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Communication skills: A data analytics project manager should be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders, team members, and clients. They should be able to present complex data in a clear and concise manner and be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Budget Management: Managing project budgets, ensuring that projects are delivered within budget, and maintaining accurate financial records.
- Project Monitoring and Control: Monitoring project progress against the project plan, identifying variances and taking corrective action to keep the project on track.
- Reporting: Preparing and presenting regular progress reports to project sponsors, stakeholders, and senior management.
- Compliance: Assuring projects being managed align and are compliant with PMO Policies and Procedures.
- 5 or more years of project management experience
- Experience in deploying data analytics projects across a variety of business and functional areas
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- PMI PMP Certification
- Proven success at working within defined PMO policies and processes
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play.
- Team members receive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Other benefits include paid holidays, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, trainings, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.