Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF7237B
Director of Strategic Sourcing, Indirect
Cary, NC, US / Remote
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director is responsible for leading a team of sourcing professionals to deliver procurement value to Cornerstone Building Brands. The Director manages a team of category managers and specialists and is accountable for the quality, service, supply risk, sustainability and cost of indirect materials and services for CBB.
This leadership position will interface with VPs up to C-suite of the company, to align internal customer needs with marketplace opportunities to optimize costs and benefits. The Director will also assist in driving continuous improvement of related processes throughout Cornerstone Building Brands. This role is expected to extensively partner with business unit leaders in planning and implementing supply chain strategies to achieve business goals and objectives. The position will be a key leadership role within Cornerstone Building Brands’ Strategic Sourcing Team.
- Lead and coach team to strategically partner with business unit and functional leaders by providing subject matter expertise and strategic partnering for sourcing opportunities. Counsel internal leaders regarding processes, technology capabilities and policies to assist in the category management lifecycle
- Accountable for building organizational culture and capability (people and processes), optimizing resource allocation across the category teams and implementing effective and consistent ways of working. Accountable for attracting, developing and retaining a strong talent base
- Build and manage relationships with key business unit leadership
- Lead team creation and implementation of sourcing and demand management strategies for assigned categories of spend. Creates and leads team initiatives to build compelling business cases that enable change.
- Leverage key metrics to identify opportunities to adopt current and emerging business models with an entrepreneurial mindset and creative approach to drive best practice
- Demonstrates a strategic business mindset, organizational savvy, presents an executive-level presence, and balances multiple stakeholder interests simultaneously
- Lead long-term strategic planning efforts for assigned sourcing categories including advanced multi-year category strategies designed to anticipate enterprise-wide requirements while optimizing forecasted shifts in both supply markets, industry trends and supplier economic cycles
- Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at an executive level and lead processes, including Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) to ensure value is driven from these commercial relationships. Ensure CBB considerations are accounted for in supplier relationships
- Provide oversight and evaluate ethical and sustainable procurement practices of contracted services and goods which includes compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations
- Display leadership behaviors aligned with CBB values and success model to drive a culture that embodies safety, integrity and inclusion
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference in Business, Supply Chain, Finance; MBA a plus
- 12+ years of strategic sourcing experience, 5 of which requires experience in indirect strategic sourcing or supply chain leadership role
- Ability to lead in a dynamic/changing organization; Experience driving transformation and change management.
- Superior people leadership with proven ability to develop sourcing and procurement talent and a winning culture
- Proven leadership of strategic sourcing best practice for indirect spend, including packaging, MRO, plant services, and corporate services
- Project management leadership experience, including working cross-functionally with geographically diverse teams, and providing remote management.
- Superior communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Requires advanced customer service skills.
- Requires expertise in operating Microsoft Office programs.
- Certifications preferred but not required: CPSM, PMP, Lean, and Six Sig
- Strategic mindset with excellent executive presence and organizational savvy.
- Excellent people leader who cultivates talent and develops a collaborative and winning culture
- Demonstrates the ability to be an influential leader; effectively persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new approach. Leads stakeholder partnerships and instills confidence in sourcing solutions.
- Uses vast knowledge of sourcing and procurement best practices, industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term category strategies.
- Manages change, ambiguity, complexity and drives for results.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively presents complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at various levels and in various sizes.
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages, and customer value. Advanced analytical ability and financial acumen
- Strong organizational and analytical skills in addition to advanced project leadership and management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of assessing and recommending creative and time-sensitive solutions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to Lift: Ability to Lift Approximately 0-25 Lbs.
- Work Atmosphere: Generally, Includes an Office Setting
- Work Schedule: Generally, Includes Standard Business Hours
- Travel Time: 25-30%
This is a full-time remote position.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
The US base pay range for this full-time position is $150,000 to $180,000 + 25% + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.