Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF2660D
Houston, TX, US / Remote
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is looking for a Design Engineer to join its team. This role requires a strong focus on technical ability required to obtain the necessary expertise to design metal building systems. The substantial work of the engineer is to perform structural design of metal buildings. It is expected that the engineer will predict how much time a design will take to complete and can manage individual efforts and coordinate with other employees to ensure that the design goes smoothly.
This role is of an experienced engineer leader. The individual will learn our design standards as well as how to use the design software utilized by the company. The implementation of industry standards and compliance is a key responsibility. Additionally, this role requires extensive teamwork with many other disciplines, including some without technical expertise. Critical to the success of this role is the development of productive relationships between supervisors, other engineering personnel and employees, as well as builders, customers, and vendors.
- Create neat, accurate, easy-to-follow designs that meet code requirements, manufacturing restraints and system deadlines that result in least-cost, easy to erect building systems that meet the customer’s needs and company procedures.
- Maintain the required schedule that often has late-addition requirements or changes in priority.
- Communicate needs and difficulties to all members of the team to assure quick disposition of problems.
- Continually improve productivity, accuracy, and ability, therefore increasing areas of expertise.
- Continually expand engineering knowledge in order to maintain their Professional Engineering License.
- Protect the public by employing sound engineering judgement without being overly conservative in the approach.
- Hire, train, and mentor other engineers as needed.
- Review technical accuracy of the team’s work.
- Must have a structural or civil engineering degree and be PE certified, Master’s Degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in the building products industry
- Extensive knowledge with current building code requirements
- Understand both manufacturing process and fabrication techniques of products
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural drawings and the integration of the façade to the structure
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced working environment
- Must be self-motivated, creative and have the ability to learn and adapt
- This role will require the ability to perform with minimal supervision and to manage his/her own projects to assure on-time completion
- It is required to expand personal knowledge of the Cornerstone Engineering drafting standards, software, processes and procedures and adapt them to varied conditions required by customers.
- Check the work of junior engineers
- Minimum of 2-year metal building drafting experience or related field.
- EIT certificate recommended.
(Colorado, Nevada, New York City Residents Only) Salary of 80K to 110K Annually + Benefits
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20), sb293 (BDR 53-907), and NYCHRL salary (or hourly wage) compensation for this role when being hired into our Colorado or Nevada office or as a remote or virtual Colorado, Nevada, or New York City based employee.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.