Simonton Windows & Doors | Employer reference: 7721
Extrusion Associate Rotational Shift
Saint Marys, WV, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $16.00 plus $1.25 per hour shift differential
Rotational Shift Schedule 4/3/3/4: Day Shift Hours (6 AM - 6 PM) and Night Shift Hours (6 PM - 6 AM)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide support to SimEx Rigid Operators in every aspect including: Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Housekeeping. The primary goal of this position is for the individual to move into a Rigid Operator Trainee role once they developed an understanding and have shown progression in every aspect listed below.
- Ensure Safety is your #1 priority while on the premises and follow all safety rules, guidelines, and procedures while performing all job tasks
- Perform “End of the Line” Quality Key Customer Checks including: Cut Length, Surface, and Finseal (if applicable)
- Stack and pack vinyl lineals according to SimEx rack drawings and operator paperwork found in the Profile Manuals
- Assist operators with extrusion line setups, shutdowns, and changeovers when needed
- Adhere to all SimEx Housekeeping standards on a daily basis
- Be a contributing member of your perspective crew and show an interest in learning and progressing so that you are prepared to become our next Rigid Operator
- Assist other SimEx departments when needed
- Any other task assigned by your Supervisor
- Ability to measure lengths accurately to 1/32”
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Able to convert fractions to decimals
- Ability to read and interpret common statistical data, productivity reports, and written instructions
- Capable of using computerized equipment
- Will require standing, walking and working on concrete surfaces for long periods of time
- Ability to move carts in and out of production areas
- 1 - 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
Address: 181 Pleasants Industrial Center, Saint Mary's, WV 26170
Text SIMEX at (757) 952-6346 to schedule an interview.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.