Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 14872
Mount Pleasant, IA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team to work as a Maintenance Technician at our 305 N Iris Rd, Mt Pleasant, IA location. The Maintenance Technician performs a variety of functions such as equipment installations, repairs, or modification of equipment for generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy in the manufacturing facility. Installs, modifies and maintains all plant buildings, machinery and equipment, including mobile or road equipment and production machinery, in a good state of mechanical repair.
- Responsible for safely performing emergency and preventative repairs to plant machinery and infrastructure and minimizing production time losses associated with the breakdown or failure of production equipment
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of a preventative maintenance program designed to establish reliability of production equipment and infrastructure.
- Effectively utilize manpower to complete repairs in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of a work order system designed to establish priority and control over maintenance request from production personnel.
- Ensures that work order (Maintenance) requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safe and prudent use of company equipment and tools. Also, ensures a safe work environment by utilizing Lock-out/Tag-out procedures and reporting any unsafe condition.
- Responsible for the inventory of maintenance supplies.
- Informs the Maintenance Supervisor when supplies have been removed from stock and require replenishment.
- Provides ordering information for replenishment of stock.
- Responsible for utilizing the work order system both in entering work orders and completing work orders, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Communicates daily with internal personnel from production and quality control in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals
- Responsible for follow-up review of completed maintenance tasks to ensure that work is completed properly and in a safe and timely manner.
- Responsible for development and review of standard operating procedures to govern the function performed by maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that all established maintenance work areas are kept clean and safe including where repairs are performed.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the quality and environmental management system in place
We offer daily pay- Work today Get paid today!
- Share in the Rewards for our Performance: Quarterly Gainsharing Bonus based on the performance of our plant
- Recharge: 11 Company paid Holidays, Paid Sick and vacation time
- Save for the future: 401k with Company Match
- Continue to learn and grow: Tuition Reimbursement, Company Training to improve your skills
- Be well: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account.
- Short and Long-Term disability
- $500 Retention bonus
- Paid life insurance
- Save money, all uniforms and work shoes paid for by Cornerstone Building Brands
- Refer a friend sign on bonus.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as an industrial maintenance technician, mechanic and/or electrician preferred, not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend documents including: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and simple correspondence, will train
- Ability to communicate information in small group situations to other employees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding, to perform work instructions that are furnished in written, oral and/or diagram.
- Ability to solve problems that involve multiple variables in a standard situation.
- Incumbent should be able to drive a forklift and use power tools
- Working knowledge of 480V/120V electrical systems, electric motors, contactor, and control circuits.
- Ability to read blueprints and manuals
- flooring installs
- Proficient with finishing drywall.
- Working knowledge of basic welding and fit-up
- Wood framing
- Willing to work in hot and cold environments
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.