Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3935Y
Field Service Technician
Seattle, WA, US / Remote
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our Field Service Techs (Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings) are involved with the day to day activities of building and maintaining customer relations through the timely and thorough responses to all post shipment inquiries. Field Services Techs provide onsite support for our customers. Provide feedback and data of all reoccurring issues. Provide a strong focus of field service with timely responses and site visits regarding inquiries from Builder organization.*Please note this is not an IT related position, please read the entire job description before applying.*
- Develop and maintain customer relations by seeking customer feedback, both external and internal, to ensure continuous improvement takes places to improve overall performance
- Provide on-site technical inspection, training or assistance to customer
- Make business decisions for approval of claims
- Communicate/coordinate technical issues in support of customer needs
- Ability to perform technical training of Cornerstone personnel or customers
- Undertaking all customer support tasks in external facilities
- Ensure job site progress accurately follows our processes and procedures
- Perform troubleshooting and strive to resolve issues
- Produce frequent and analytical service reports
- Coordinate with departments for root cause and/or solutions in support of customer needs
- Discern customer needs and offer advice or recommendations
- Build relationships with our customers and Sales team
- Maintain weekly travel log and manage expenses
- This is a remote position requiring an average of 2-3 travel days per week. Travel will be within the Western US. Candidates living in the follow states are highly encouraged to apply:
- Candidates located within a commutable distance of a major airport is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of detailing standards required (ability to read blueprints)
- Previous steel building erection experience of 2 years preferred
- Must possess experience in one of the following areas:
- Previous Pre-engineered Metal Build (or components), Field Service experience of (2 years) or Construction job site experience
- Previous experience in the metal building industry performing drafting (2 years) or engineering (2 years)
- Previous experience in manufacturing management in the metal building industry of 2 years
- Technical certifications related to construction (OSHA 10/30, CWI, ASNT NDT, AWS Certified welder, certified building inspection)
- PC competent (including Excel, Word, One Note and Access & CRM)
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written). Must be able to meet with customers and employees on job sites and communicate effectively
- Operating efficiently to include all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test activities
- Ability to perform minor field repairs
- Must be able to work at heights, work in outdoor environments, lift 40lbs, climb, crawl, and operate at jobsites
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000 to $131,600 + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.