Cascade Windows | Employer reference: REF7842Y
Field Service Technician
Lakewood, WA, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking a Field Service Technician to perform in-field warranty and service repairs and adjustment on window and door products. Provide technical feedback on product performance and deficiencies. Communicate with dealers on the status of specific services issues, also serves as a liaison between Insulate and the end-user. This position requires independent judgment, problem solving ability, keen observation skills and effective responsibility assumption. The required problem solving skills demand prompt action in making craftsman-like repairs or product replacements for customer satisfaction. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential for success in the position. Internal contacts will be all levels of employees and Territory Managers. External contacts are homeowners, contractors and distributors. This position is for the Lakewood, WA area for Cascade Windows. This Technician will preferably have glass glazing experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for completion of all service requests in assigned territory
- Perform field repairs, glass replacements, operational adjustments and repair
- Conduct field evaluations and inspections
- Provide documentation on work performed for each service call
- Review daily schedule of appointments with Service Scheduler for efficient routing and confirm appointments with customers prior to arrival
- Work closely with service scheduler providing feedback on complete and incomplete service requests. Document requirements for follow-up appointments
- Assist in the scheduling of follow-up appointments
- Provide technical feedback
- Document information gathered in the field regarding operational and design deficiencies
- Provide recommendations for modifications
- Operate 1 ton van in a courteous and safe manner
- Maintain parts inventory in assigned service vehicle
- Monitor supply levels of parts and materials, restock as needed
Equipment and Tools Provided
- Tools, Equipment, PPE
- Nextel Phone
- Assorted hand and power tools
- 1-ton Box Van
- Glass cup
- Steel toed Safety shoes
- Uniform Shirts
- Safety Gloves and glasses
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years general construction or building products installation experience
- 1-2 years fenestration manufacturing or installation experience
- Valid State driver’s license with an exceptional driving record
- Must possess basic mechanical skills, basic understanding of residential construction, windows and doors
- Must be able to interact with customers and contractors in a professional manner
- Basic understanding of computers
- Strong communication skills are required
- Knowledge of and skill in field service repairs and services
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of various tools and equipment used in the repair and replacement of windows and doors
- Knowledge of general construction or building products installation
- Knowledge of fenestration product and manufacturing technologies
- Knowledge of common fenestration installation techniques and materials
- Experience in glass glazing preferred
- Ability to maintain composure and direction during conversations that may involve angry or upset homeowners, contractors or distributors
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to develop rapport with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to be sensitive and show positive regard for fellow employees
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to willingly accept responsibility
- Ability to read maps and operate vehicle from destination to destination
- Skill in time management
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base pay range for this full-time position is $22.00 per hour to $26.00 per hour + company truck + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.