Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF4450I
Fitter and Welder Night Shift
Houston, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base pay starts at $19.50 per hour plus $1.00 per hour shift differential.
Night Shift: 6:00 pm - 2:30 am
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordination of welder settings, gun speed/travel, and gas flow with the observed condition of bead through caused by auto welder
- Proper welding procedures in accordance with manufacturing job procedures
- Responsible for holding bead to specified shape, size and penetrations while maintain the quality of the product
- Responsible for keeping numerical and alphabetical sequences correct
- Maintains continuous improvement practices in work area
- Engages in the full scope of MIG weld processes on a variety of structural steel including (but not limited to) rigid frame columns, rafters, pipe, beam canopy rafters, small parts, clips, and special assemblies
- Welded parts may include thin gauge, painted, or galvanized material.
- May be assigned other projects and duties as designated by Team Leader
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of one (1) year experience welding and fitting in a production environment or valid welding certification
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Ability to obtain and maintain CWB and AWS welding certification in accordance with Cornerstone Building Brands welding procedures
- Experience with forklift and/or overhead crane operation a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
Site Address: 7301 Fairview Street, Houston, TX 77041
This is a position with the potential overtime. The shifts are 8 hours, 10 hours, and 12 hours long depending on work orders for the day and season of the year.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.