Ply Gem Windows & Doors | Employer reference: REF4038C
General Maintenance Technician Day Shift
Rocky Mount, VA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay starts at $18.50 per hour
Shift: 12 Hour Rotating Day Shift (2-2-3 schedule with varied start times)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend breakdowns, identify fault and problem solve, with minimal downtime to production
- Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance, and repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner and return equipment to operational service
- Estimate length of time required to complete a job and likely consequences of failure to complete work within required timescales
- Identify and escalate any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
- Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced
- Identify spares requirements and log usage
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance (PM) schedules
- Carry out PM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required and provide feedback to develop the system
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment
- Make full use of the computerized maintenance management system
- Fill in job tickets/log completion of work on the computerized maintenance management system
- Operate man lift, fork, and other lifting equipment
- Work within 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
- Ensure all personal protective equipment is identified, always available, correctly used and all associated problems are reported to management
- Ensure all lost time, minor and trivial accidents are reported
- Promote environmental issues and ensure all company procedures are understood and followed
- Ensure a safe working environment exists for self and colleagues, ensuring all health, safety environmental and quality management procedures are followed and achieve the company’s and departmental KPI targets
- Undertake special projects as required
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Provide assistance to less experienced technicians and apprentices
- Support training needs of the department and provide expertise to apprentices and trainees
- Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
- Work independently and is reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate with clarity and demonstrate excellence in approach to work and people activities
- Solid understanding of all people related processes and procedures
- Able to identify root cause of any losses
- Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
Site Address: 433 N. Main St., Rocky Mount, VA, 24151
For more information, please call or text: 540-404-2314
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.