Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3261P
Human Resources Business Partner
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Human Resources Business Partner performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity program, benefits management, onboarding and policy implementation. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The role will be based in Salt Lake City and will also have responsibility for two small locations in Oklahoma City and Phoenix.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action. Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions
- Acts as an employee relations specialist
- Will lead Employee Engagement activities
- Will lead drive the overall Employee Experience
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter)
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on three- and six-month and one-year evaluations
- Handles employee relations counseling
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Facilitates or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Bachelor's degree
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification preferred
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resource programs
- Human resource experience in manufacturing
- Five to Seven years of HR Generalist experience
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee’s performance due to physical, mental, or emotional disability
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.