Silver Line | Employer reference: REF3592T
Human Resources Manager
Lansing, IL, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Silver Line is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to work on-site in our Lansing, IL facility. This position will oversee two direct reports and be part of a 500+ employee location. This team works on dynamic projects throughout the year and will be part of strategic thinking cross functionally as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for delivering high-quality HR service and supporting a broad range of HR responsibilities
- This role partners with all levels of employees, primarily people managers, to help enhance the employee experience and support the business strategy through HR activities
- Build and maintain strong relationships as a trusted partner and employee advocate, in support of developing the optimal culture to drive performance, retention and engagement
- Collaborate with department leaders and their teams to ensure talent strategies are linked to our business priorities, support individual team members, departmental, and plant-wide ambitions
- Partner on hiring and development and advancement of team members; this includes working with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to fill open positions, onboard new hires and build strong internal and external pipelines
- Support change management efforts, nurture our culture and create unique team member experiences
- Understand external trends in the marketplace and make recommendations on how those could affect internal employees
- Oversee and take a proactive approach to Employee Relations, and make recommendations by providing guidance, interpreting policy and issue resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field strongly preferred
- Professional certification strongly preferred
- 6 or more years in progressive HR with heavy hourly employee populations
- Prior experience having direct accountability for a team strongly preferred
- Union facility, bi-lingual (spanish) helpful not required.
Site Address: 16801 Exchange Ave Lansing, IL 60438
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.