Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3882R
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic I
Lithia Springs, GA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base pay starts at $25.00 - $28.00 per hour.
DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
An Industrial Maintenance Mechanic I must demonstrate an ability to safely troubleshoot, change, install and commission all components of mechanical and electrical systems. An Industrial Maintenance Mechanic I must safely troubleshoot, analyze and repair components of these systems. These systems components include, but are not limited to, motors, MCC’s, VFD’s, transformers, switch gears, lighting, relays, contactors, overhead crane controls, distribution system wiring and running conduit, instrumentation, control valves, DCS Systems, controllers, HMI’s, and similar equipment. Job Role Responsibilities ensure compliance of applicable Safety Standards and procedures, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, execute equipment repair procedures, ensure good housekeeping in work areas, enter equipment repair history and close out work orders, and update repair procedures if needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to electrical safety, troubleshooting skills, decision making skills, problem analysis and conflict management skills, particularly in pressure situations
- Experience with the following is desired:
- Pneumatic Systems Experience
- Mechanical Systems Experience
- Medium Voltage troubleshooting and repair (480 VAC) (750VDC)
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E, NEC and applicable OSHA standards
- Three Phase Motors
- DC Motors and Motor Controls
- Servo Motors and Controls
- Hydraulics Experience
- Pneumatics Experience
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
- Human Machine Interfaces (HMI's)
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's) (AC/DC)
- Motor Control Centers (MCC's)
- Proficient in reading and understanding electrical diagrams and technical manuals
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working with and around hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical apparatus
- Ability to work on technical or involved projects, presenting new or constantly changing problems
- Installs and repairs a variety of equipment.
- Working with blueprints, drawings, layouts, verbal instructions and/or other specs
- Uses all types of welding equipment, arc, acetylene, brazing, and flame cutting equipment
- Uses Electricians hand tools and measuring and testing equipment.
- Diagnoses and corrects trouble in electrical and mechanical systems
- Performs visual and mechanical inspections required to keep machinery in good condition to produce a finished quality product to order specifications
- Follows preventive maintenance program as established by the company and performs inspections of equipment and takes preventive action when necessary
- Maintains buildings, performing minor and major repairs
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment
- Maintains continuous improvement efforts in work area
- May be assigned additional projects or duties as designated by Team Leader
- To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with little supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Maintenance Technician I in an industrial manufacturing facility
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship, craft training program, trade school, or military craft training program preferred but not required
Site Address: 2280 Monier Ave, Lithia Springs, GA 30122.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.