Ply Gem Windows & Doors | Employer reference: 16993
Industrial Maintenance Technician
West Sacramento, CA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Ply Gem - Part of Cornerstone Building Brands' Brand Family
$30-$38 per hour
1st, 2nd, 3rd or Weekend Shift
Benefits - Start Day 1
Address: 3010 Ramco St # 100, West Sacramento, CA 95691
*RESUME OR JOB HISTORY REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW*
Ply Gem Windows & Doors is now a part of Cornerstone Building Brands! The nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. Ply Gem makes windows that provide builders, architects, and homeowners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home and this is why great building solutions start with you! As a Cornerstone Building Brands employee, you’ll have an opportunity to positively impact our organization every day and gain valuable knowledge and insight in collaboration with a team of experienced peers. In short, the Cornerstone Building Brands Difference is YOU!
Why work at Ply Gem Windows & Doors?
- $1000 Bonus after 90 days
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Career training, development, and progression planning
- 1st Shift: 4am-12:30pm Monday-Friday
- 2nd Shift: 12pm-8:30pm Monday-Friday
- 3rd Shift: 8pm-4:30am Monday-Friday
- Weekend Shift: 12-hour Shift Friday-Sunday
- Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical functions, mechanical drive units, industrial hydraulic and pneumatic powers, plumbing architectures, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and switches, motor controls and servo controllers, safety circuits which include E-stops, light curtains, floor mats, safety relays and safety switches
- Provide multi-skilled maintenance support focused on customer service, quality, cost and productivity in Total Productive Improvement (TPM) and continuous improvement (CI) environment
- Maintain the responsibilities and performance requirements within both fields of the Maintenance Technician Apprentice and Technician levels I & II
- Set up, adjust and maintain assigned equipment with a responsibility for production and quality on equipment.
- Ability to trouble shoot the machine issues
- Electrical Skills
- Understand and participate in TPM initiatives, also assist in the deployment of TPM objectives
- Understand functions of components and operating features of relays, circuit breakers Programmable Logic Controllers, motor encoders, motors and sensors
- Understanding and performing preventive maintenance on all machinery, getting these done in a timely fashion, and document finished work
- Working knowledge of electrical test equipment to measure current voltage and resistance. Understand Hipot and Meggar meters.
- Ability to work at 480 volts ac/dc and troubleshoot
- Carrying out preventative maintenance programs for electrical
- Understand of Lock Out Tag Out and Arc Flash
- Desired but not necessary; understanding electronic components and trouble shooting
- Associates in Engineering/trades or equivalent Experience
- Must have electrical skills
- Strong customer focus
- Understand, troubleshoot and problem solve issues of basic complexity in advanced electrical/mechanical systems (PLC, Drives, Servo, HMI, CNC, etc.)
- Understand electrical arc flash protection code requirements
- Understand basic electrical circuits and safe work practices
- Understand basic function of PLC, drives and controls
- Understand, maintain, and troubleshoot AC and DC motors and drives
- Understand trouble shooting process for basic electrical equipment and electrical systems
- Inspect gears and gear units for lubrication problems and bearing failure
- Understand types of shaft misalignment, conditions affecting alignment, measurements and measuring tools for realignment, and methods used for shaft alignment including reverse dial, laser and rim and face
- Use necessary hand and power tools to take appropriate action to replace components, adjust, and recalibrate machinery to resolve issues and restore equipment to operating condition
- Disassemble and reassemble gearboxes
- Understand the parts, function, maintenance and troubleshooting of typical motors
- Maintain and troubleshoot, disassemble and reassemble hydraulic and pneumatic valves
- Measure and analyze vibration in equipment using transducers, vibration meters and vibration analyzers to determine cause of malfunction
We offer great benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that start on day one
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Diverse Culture
- Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Activities
- Rewards Program
- And much more!
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.