Silver Line | Employer reference: REF5175D
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
North Brunswick Township, NJ, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
2nd Shift 3:45 pm - 12:15 am
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide multi-skilled Industrial maintenance support focused on customer service, quality, cost, and productivity in Total Productive Improvement (TPM) and continuous improvement (CI) environment
- Maintain the responsibilities and performance requirements within all fields of the Maintenance Technician Apprentice and Technician levels I & II positions
- Set up, adjust, and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility and focus on uptime and quality on all
- Understanding and performing preventive, predictive, and Line call maintenance on production machinery, completing and documenting all work in a timely fashion
- Associate degree with 1-2 years of industrial maintenance experience or 5-7 years of equivalent industrial maintenance experience
- Strong customer service skills, desire to problem solve, and ability to communicate with team members and associates
- Understand and participate in TPM initiatives, also assist in the deployment of TPM objectives
- Must have electrical skills
- Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical functions, mechanical drive units, industrial hydraulic and pneumatic powers, plumbing architectures, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and switches, motor controls, and servo controllers, safety circuits which include E-stops, light curtains, floor mats, safety relays, and safety switches
- Understand troubleshooting process for basic electrical equipment and electrical systems
- Understand functions of components and operating features of relays, circuit breakers Programmable Logic Controllers, motor encoders, motors, and sensors
- Understand, troubleshoot, and problem-solve issues of basic complexity in advanced electrical/mechanical systems (PLC, Drives, Servo, HMI, CNC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of electrical test equipment to measure current voltage and resistance
- Understand, maintain, and troubleshoot AC and DC motors and drives
- Understand the parts, function, maintenance, and troubleshooting of typical motors
- Understanding and practice of Lock Out Tag Out requirements (LOTO)
- Understand electrical arc flash protection code requirements
- Understand basic electrical circuits and safe work practices
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical machine issues
- Inspect drive units for lubrication problems and bearing failure
- Understand types of shaft misalignment, conditions affecting alignment, measurements and measuring tools for realignment, and methods used for shaft alignment including reverse dial, laser, rim, and face
- Use necessary hand and power tools to take appropriate action to replace components, adjust, and recalibrate machinery to resolve issues, and restore equipment to operating condition
- Disassemble and reassemble gearboxes
- Maintain and troubleshoot, disassemble and reassemble hydraulic and pneumatic valves
- Measure and analyze vibration in equipment using transducers, vibration meters and vibration analyzers to determine cause of malfunction
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
Site Location: 1 Silverline Dr. North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902
For more information please text CBB to (732) 314-3003.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.