Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF4690S
Industrial Maintenance Technician Day Shift
Houston, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Day Shift: 5:00 am - 2:00 pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for safely performing emergency and preventative repairs to plant machinery and infrastructure and minimizing production time losses associated with the breakdown or failure of production equipment
- Informs the Maintenance Supervisor when supplies have been removed from stock and require replenishment
- Provides ordering information for replenishment of stock
- Responsible for development and review of standard operating procedures to govern the function performed by maintenance personnel
- Ensures that all established maintenance work areas are kept clean and safe including where repairs are performed
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the quality and environmental management system in place
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 5+ years of documented experience as an industrial maintenance technician, mechanic, and electrician
- Strong Electrical Skills, Troubleshooting-Low, and High voltages terminating, PLC/HMI troubleshooting
- Travel Required (domestic)
- Ability to read and comprehend documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence
- Ability to communicate information in small group situations to other employees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply common sense understanding, to perform work instructions that are furnished in written, oral and diagram
- Ability to solve problems that involve multiple variables in a standard situation
- Incumbent should be able to drive a forklift and use power tools
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, electric motors, contactor, and control circuits
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring schematics
- Troubleshooting skills: Proficient with multi-meter and amprobe, hydraulic systems and components, pneumatic systems and components, power transmission systems, piping systems and components
- Basic machine set-up and alignment
- Rigging and lifting skills are a plus
- Willing to work in hot and cold environments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
Site Address: 7301 Fairview Street, Houston, TX 77041
This is a position with the potential overtime. The shifts are 8 hours, 10 hours, and 12 hours long depending on work orders for the day and season of the year.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.