Simonton Windows & Doors | Employer reference: REF8035Q
Inventory Material Handler Day Shift
Harrisville, WV, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $17.00
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Inventory Material Handler, you will be responsible for loading, unloading, and moving materials within or near the plant, yard, or work site. You will adhere to EHS standards and regulations while working independently or as a team member, with or without direct supervision. You must possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. You must also be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently or within teams.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be move
- Process Bills of Ladings for outbound freight
- Communicate activities pertaining to the inventory operations
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand or with forklift, including set vinyl racks on the vinyl line
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, or other containers
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with forklift/power hoist and cleans work area, machines, and equipment
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist in loading or moving materials and products
- Perform physical inventories as required
- Forklift skills are preferred
- Successful completion of OSHA mandated fork truck training is required
- Good basic math skills
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft Office, WSOE, WBOX and Great Plains will be required
Address: 2641 Ellenboro Rd, Harrisville WV, 26362
Text SIMONTON to (757) 952-6346 to schedule an interview.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.