Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF6517T
Lead Production Associate
Ciudad Apodaca, N.L., MX
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead production Associate oversees manufacturing activities for one or more plant lines or areas. The Lead production Associate directs, advises and trains manufacturing team members in accordance with established manufacturing policies to ensure production demands are met. The Lead production Associate will ensure all activities are focused on safety, quality and efficient production.
- Complies with and enforces all company safety policies to ensure an accident free facility, which includes, but is not limited to, assisting in identifying and correcting machine and work area safety issues, as well as conducting accident investigations as required
- Provides direction to all production team members to ensure all key metrics are met accurately and in a timely manner
- Monitor line staffing, and recommend plans to adjust staffing levels daily, to achieve established goals for each line of responsibility to ensure production levels are met while controlling manpower costs
- Performs routine line checks several times daily to ensure efficiency and to check on progress of machine, production and personnel
- Sustain manufacturing methods, such as 5S, PQCDSM, Problem-Solving, Visual Management, Line Organization and KPI’s (Key Production Indicators)
- Ensure compliance with TQC process and other quality measures
- Ensure, through the Company’s On-Boarding and Peer Mentoring programs, that associates are adequately trained to perform their jobs and properly mentored/trained in proper procedures and compliance
- Ensures all components and paperwork for next schedule are ready
- Interacts with other shift Team Leaders, Supervisors, Quality Assurance, Production Staff and Warehouse operations to achieve smooth production runs
- Works closely with maintenance personnel to ensure all equipment is running at optimal levels for expected output and product quality
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bilingual English/Spanish skill
- Team Building
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Strategic Decision making
- Drive for results
- Customer Focus
- Facilitating Change
- Align Performance for Success
- Leading Through Vision and Values
- Identifying and Developing Talent
- Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Mathematics (general and applied knowledge)
- Communication: Demonstrated oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to coach, train, and mentor all levels of associate
- Read and understand instructions, safety expectations, etc.
- Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech
- Speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English/Spanish and well-modulated voice
- Leadership: Ability to develop and play a team member role with other plant members
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends, as well as off shift as required
- Mathematics: Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and statistical inference
- Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion
- Familiar with MS Office
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand
- The associate is required to walk: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; turning or twisting; pushing; and talk or hear
- Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations
- While performing the duties of this job, the average plant temperature conditions range from 60° in the cooler months and up to 110° during the warmer months
- All work stations on the plant floor require the use of protective eyewear and hearing protection; some work stations require additional safety equipment to include but not limited to gloves, aprons and arm guards
- Safety: Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals
- Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions
- Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Address: ROGELIO GONZALEZ CABALLERO 600, PARQUE INDUSTRIAL STIVA, 66626 CD APODACA,N.L.
Presential work: Monday to Thursday 7am - 5:30pm / Friday: 7am - 3:30 pm
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our employees are at the heart of our purpose to contribute positively to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time team members receive the following benefits:
Pantry vouchers, Health insurance, Life insurance, Quarterly bonuses, among others.... Excellent opportunity to learn, have new challenges, stability and internal growth path.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.