Cascade Windows | Employer reference: REF4835W
Loader Night Shift
Spokane Valley, WA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base pay starting at $21.50 per hour, plus a $1.50 per hour shift differential
Night Shift - 5:00 pm - 3:30 am, Monday-Friday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Dock Loader is responsible for loading the trucks and trailers in the shipping area with 100% accuracy, safety, and quality awareness. Selected individuals are responsible for driving the trucks around the lot to load and unload. Daily accuracy of products loaded and unloaded is necessary for inventory control and accountability.
- Perform the required duties with the safety of self, fellow dock workers and the receiving parties in mind and quality as the top priority
- Required to scan all products loaded into truck 100%
- Report any safety or quality concerns to Supervisor or Plant Manager immediately
- Unload and load trucks and trailers
- Load windows, glass and doors from production floor to designated trailers by hand
- Efficiently notate and record exceptions in count or condition of shipments to reduce delivery delays and customer satisfaction concerns
- Manage paperwork: i.e. reading and checking manifests, notating errors or exclusions, counting freight and following special loading and handling instructions
- Communicate all discrepancies in manifests, trailer load status and situations that may cause delay
- Ensure the number of products on the truck/trailer matches the number of products on the load list
- Work with Loading Dock Leads, Shipping Coordinators, Shipping Supervisor and Plant Manager to ensure accurate and timely trailer completion
- Use tools such as hand trucks, four-wheel dock carts, dock plates, wheel chalks and banding devices in the process of loading trailers
- Clean, sweep and maintain the dock work area and inside of trailers being loaded
- 1-2 years’ experience in loading, particularly in a window manufacturing environment preferred
- Glass handling and/or glass knowledge preferred
- Forklift experience/certification is preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced production environment
- Daily commitment to safety and quality
- Strong work ethic and dependability
- Reading a tape measure is required
- Demonstrates efficiency in the performance of all job duties including maintaining adequate production levels in order to meet plant and department standards and produce completed trucks within scheduling parameters
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate problems that may lead to delays on the dock
- Ability to understand and implement safe, efficient freight handling and lifting procedures
- Ability to apply concepts to practical situations
- Ability to read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job function
- Ability to work in, and promote, a team environment
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, reaches, grasp, stand, walk and perform fine manipulation with fingers
- Moderate to heavy physical activity such as walking, standing and lifting is required on a daily basis
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
- Exposed to excessive noise, dust, fumes, or chemicals on the shop floor
- Intermittently exposed to inclement weather
WALK-IN WEDNESDAYS!! - Walk-in for an immediate interview EVERY WEDNESDAY from 12:00 noon - 2:00 PM!
Site Address: 10507 East Montgomery Drive, Spokane Valley, WA 99206
For more information, please text "CASCADE" to (253) 693-8846
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US pay for this full-time position is $21.50 per hour + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.