Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 15772
Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Florence, AL, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
$500 Bonus after 90 days for all new hires!
We are seeking a Machine Operator for our 2nd shift operation at our Florence, AL location. Hours Sun - Thurs 4 pm - 12 am.
Responsible for operating machinery that produces metal roofing components for Reed’s Metals customers.
- Receive instructions on customer orders to run through the machinery.
- Setup machinery to perform requested operations for customer orders.
- Operate machines to produce the correct items for orders.
- Use forklift to handle heavy weight metal coils.
- Report inventory levels to management.
Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
- Ambition – Drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- General Tidiness – Ability to keep department and machines clean at all times.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Resilience – Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or setbacks.
- Self-Motivation – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working well under pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Standing, walking, lifting 50 lbs. or more, pulling, pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, color determination, near acuity, speaking, listening
- This position is required to work in a manufacturing environment facility.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts with risk of injury and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to company and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Wear the proper protective equipment as required.
- Ability to work in degrees of precision and control where damage could be considerable.
- Attention and care required to prevent injury to others when performing work.
- Ability to stoop, bend, stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
5 years’ experience in fabrication/manufacturing
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.