Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF2865U
Facility and Maintenance Manager
Marion, OH, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, the organization serves residential and commercial customers across new construction and repair and remodel market. The plant located in Marion, OH is part of the US Windows Group, and specifically makes windows for residential applications.
The Facility Engineering and Maintenance Manager will manage and assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery including HVAC, building lighting systems, production lines, grounds keeping, and overall facility appearance. Manage and coordinate the work of employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment, and machinery. Oversee engineering, design and installation phases of new equipment, line upgrades, and other capital projects. Manage the preventative/predictive maintenance and Maintenance Work Order Systems. Able to create and manage budgets related to facility, repair, and labor. Work with Cornerstone’s Core Values in mind: Safety, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork. This position is onsite at the Marion, OH facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of employees in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals.
- Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product.
- Oversee construction and repair projects.
- Manage the work order system designed to establish priority and control over maintenance requests from plant personnel. Ensures that work order requests are completed in a timely fashion.
- Arranges for the procurement of outside contractors to carry out specific maintenance and repair assignments.
- Adjusts maintenance programs to insure conformance with insurance policy requirements.
- Coach, counsel and manage performance of direct reports.
- Develop and maintain Preventive Maintenance Schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery.
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed.
- Responsible for capital projects and cost control.
- Prepare budgets and secure estimates and cost quotes as needed.
- Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Communicate daily with the Plant Manager and internal personnel from Production and Quality Control in order to
assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals.
- Responsible for engineering, design and modification/installation of existing and/or new (capital) equipment.
- Compiles and maintains drawing and records on plant facility.
- Issues purchase orders.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Solid knowledge of schematics and blueprints.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and people management skills.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of management experience
- 10+ years of maintenance experience
- Working knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Knowledgeable in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CMMS
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.