Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF2884C
Omaha, NE, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads the plant maintenance efforts ensuring that the facility and equipment are maintained and updated consistent with the Company’s short and long term goals and objectives. Acts on behalf of the Plant Manager to ensure that all local, state and federal environmental, operating and construction permits are in compliance.
- Lead the maintenance efforts such that the plant’s short and long term objectives and applicable metrics are met
- Ensure optimal production operations by determining work priorities; scheduling repairs, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment
- Develop and implement proactive approaches to maintenance that result in improved metrics that are “world class.” Among these approaches are PM, predictive techniques, TPM and historical databases
- Design, implement and modify preventive maintenance programs
- Maintain maintenance staff job results with ongoing coaching and counseling of associates; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Ensure the maintenance group is outfitted with the tools and equipment necessary to meet the plant’s goals and objectives
- Complete maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning associates and following up on work results
- Manage all tool crib operations to include maintenance spare parts and plant operating supplies, where applicable
- Under the leadership of the Plant Manager, develops the annual cost budget associated with maintenance and plans the timing of critical maintenance outages, installations and events that allow the plant to meet its production and cost expectations
- Under the leadership of the Corporate Engineering Director and/or Plant Manager, develops the capital plan for the Plant Manager within the final agreed upon budget. Also, ensures the project justifications are accurate and within corporate guidelines
- Collaborates with the Corporate Engineering Director and the other plants’ Maintenance Engineers to ensure best practices are being shared and implemented between sites, resulting in each plant not needing to reinvent each new idea. Also, to ensure new concepts and technology are being explored and utilized appropriately
- In cooperation with the EHS Manager, ensure that the plant’s local, state and federal environmental, operating and construction permits are in order and completed in a timely manner. This should result in no non-compliance issues or projects delayed due to timeliness of permitting
- Lead maintenance operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Protect associates and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment; two of which must have been in a management/supervisory capacity
- At least seven years experience in trouble shooting electrical (through 480 volts), mechanical and pneumatic repairs. For some facilities, concrete and wet cast manufacturing will be strongly preferred
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to coach, train and mentor all levels of associates
- Ability to develop and play a team member role with other plant members
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends, as well as off shift as required
- Analytical and mathematical orientation with ability to summarize and present clear and concise reports required
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Word and Excel programs required
- Knowledge of fire sprinkler testing procedures and systems preferred
- Standard manufacturing plant environment with moderate to heavy exposure to plant dusts, fumes, noise, chemicals, and temperature extremes
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.