Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF1737F
Manufacturing Automation Engineer
North Brunswick Township, NJ, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
As a Manufacturing Automations Engineer, your responsibilities include downtime loss elimination, risk management, and life cycle management of the manufacturing equipment. This will be done through analysis of equipment failures and recommendations that lead to projects. This is a key technical role in designing and utilizing your engineering skill sets, bringing expertise from a systems perspective with emphasis on mechanical, electrical, & software. This role is responsible for recognizing technical problems and initiating appropriate corrective actions.
- Develop engineering solutions to repeated failures and all other problems that adversely affect product reliability, from conception to completion.
- Establish relationships with vendors to keep equipment updated and current with latest technology and improvements.
- Execute recommendations to improve unit performance.
- Create new and modify existing documentation in support of downtime elimination.
- Ensure that known issues are proactively mitigated across all components, sub-systems, and final products.
- Collaborate with cross functional groups to determine appropriate projects of focus, using available data from observation, queries, process data, and working partner input
- Interface with Maintenance, Process Engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of automated equipment
- Ensuring adherence with governmental and industry codes, standards and regulations (e.g., OSHA, EPA, and other as applicable).
- Participating in corporate and plant efforts to maintain safe and orderly work environments.
- Solid understanding of DMAIC tools and data analysis techniques to drive improvement activity; when to apply them, interpretation of results and application for effective solutions (Process map, process capability, C&E matrix, fishbone diagram, FMEA, MSA, DOE, control plan)
- Mentor developing Technicians and interns/Co-ops
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Technology required (Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience with Automation, Robotics or Machine Controls in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of PLC and HMI programming
- Experience with robotic integration and programming.
- Ability to incorporate data into corrective action plans.
- Strong knowledge of quality systems, SPC and process capability.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
- Demonstrated track record of leading projects.
- Able to develop, troubleshoot and/or integrate machine controls.
- High energy and drive with an ability to solve complex problems efficiently
- Proactive, self-motivated and demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities
- Knowledge of problem-solving tools and techniques such as 8-D, A3, DMAIC, 5-Why, etc. desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.