Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF2401R
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Walbridge, OH, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Great Lakes Window division of Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking an electrical/controls process engineer to support the core growth strategy of the business by implementing automation to manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who works well in teams or independently. Hands-on programming, troubleshooting, and manufacturing process support are expected and required. This position will report directly to the engineering/quality manager, with support from corporate automation and controls engineering resources.
Role and Responsibilities
- Implements equipment and facility strategies to support advanced process development.
- Leads the development of process technologies required to support long term product technology roadmaps in product and advanced engineering.
- Participate on large project teams in the development of control/instrumentation system specifications and support Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) of new equipment systems.
- Lead the development and execution of small projects that are electrical/controls in nature. Upgrading of obsolete controls to modern technology.
- Write and debug PLC logic for proper content, error-proofing, and data collection function
- Participates in the advanced development of manufacturing processes for product deployment
- Develop/ maintain standard manufacturing documentation for core processes
- Gain understanding of our product line to suggest improved methods of manufacturing that reduce WIP and lead time while increasing process speed and efficiency.
- Reviews production program equipment, hardware, and tooling; makes recommendations for repairs or replacement
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new technology and processes to improve the overall production efficiency of the operations to maintain the Company’s competitive edge.
- Oversees the development of new processes, methods, and production controls in collaboration with the Continuous Improvement Engineer.
- Collaborates with production management and continuous improvement to design cost-effective manufacturing layouts and build ergonomics for new product lines.
- Designs, redesigns, or enhances work areas and layouts so that awkward or uncomfortable positions, repetitive motions, and inefficient operations are reduced or eliminated.
- Coordination of schedules, follow up of assignments, maintaining quality and production standards
- Maintain and promote a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Understands and ensures compliance with all Process Safety policies and procedures
- Supports development of safety, protective or process logic system requirements and logic implementation
- Perform other assigned duties incidental to the occupation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology, preferably Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing Controls processes.
- Must understand statistics, as it relates to manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with electrical schematic drawings, logic diagrams and panel schedules required.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards: NEC, NFPA, API, etc. required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PLC/HMI systems required.
- Must possess strategic and creative thinking abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, manage short deadlines and emergency situations.
- Willingness to work extended or irregular hours to ensure that key job responsibilities are accomplished.
- Ability to communicate a future vision for production improvements and automation to senior management.
- Strong communication skills that allow you to explain complex and technical information in a way that is understandable to non-technical people. Make the business case while educating people on the benefits of improvements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess problems or issues with manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of production principles and techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software.
- Ability to self-train as needed to keep up with the latest advances and understand their potential roles for continuous improvement.
- Experience programming in Beckhoff, Siemens and Rockwell.
- Experience integrating vision systems, DC torque tools, programming servos and robots
- Robot experience ABB, Fanuc
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.