Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3811X
Material Handling Associate Weekend Nights
York, NE, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $21.75 - $26.30 per hour + $1.50 per hour shift differential
Schedule: Friday-Sunday 7 pm-7 am
Benefits Starting Day 1
Paid Time Off
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Associate monitors flow of finished product from production to assigned location within the plant. Associate ensures all materials needed within production are available. Associate controls all finished product distribution
- Conduct daily crown and/or forklift safety checks; maintain forklift battery and propane tanks; complete Safe Work Order ticket for forklift maintenance
- Complete all Inventory Control Label tags and ICL log sheets for finished goods coming from production
- Maintain salvage tickets and salvage log sheets for racks and knock-out gaylords from production
- Move racks and set empty racks on-line to remove finished product from production lines
- Crush, bale and load waste cardboard from production area
- Deliver crating cardboard to crate area
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas daily
- Supply regrind to production whenever needed and log regrind ticket
- Provide pigment, purge, substrate, regrind master batch and test material to all lines
- Provide micro ingredients to Blend Plant
- Perform repacking responsibilities that include re boxing product and ensuring product is entered into inventory and delivered appropriately
- Remove recyclable material from production line
- Load and unload trailers
- Turn all weights from regrind tags into the Shift Supervisor for entry into JDE
- Ensure pigments and raw materials are not left in aisles and are stored properly
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Train new associates, as needed
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- Observe health and safety practices when handling purge tear-offs
- Train on BPCS for receipt of incoming materials
- Assist in handling dispositioned QA product
- High school graduate/G.E.D
- Must have knowledge of the material handling process. Must be able to perform the functions of the Material Handling 1 position
- Must have ability to obtain motorized equipment license
- Must be able to learn to operate forklift equipment safely
- Must have good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
- Must be able to learn to work with computer systems and have the ability to gain computer skills to interface with Interline and BPCS
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact with people
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be able to keep colors separate and record weights accurately
- Must be able to lift 86 pounds maximum individually
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
- Manufacturing plant environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust. Position requires continual lifting, twisting, and bending
- Battery charger; calculator; computer terminal; digital scales; forklift; split tail; safety glasses; hearing protection; gloves and steel-toed shoes, if necessary
- Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals
- Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions
- Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
Site Address: 521 W 26th St, York, NE 68467
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.