Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 16123
Paris, IL, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is looking for a Business/Operations Intern to join our team in Paris, IL. Main duties of the job are to know and understand all production lines in terms of product, equipment, production, performance, layout, flow, capacity, safety, and quality control standards. This is a great opportunity to start your career!
- Provides assistance with Simonton’s business operations/production process at all levels
- Monitors, develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods
- Analyzes and planning for maximum efficiency
- Confers with planning and design staff to ensure efficient production methods
- Evaluates product and performance according to process, specifications, and quality standards
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confers with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Studies the work environment, human capabilities, and equipment design for optimum human/machine interfaces with emphasis on health, safety, and productivity
- Use basic concepts of financial analysis, investment planning, and cost controls as they apply to investments in manufacturing; financial planning and budgeting
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential capacity constraints
- Effectively presents and communicates information in both formal and informal environments to audiences at all levels of the organization, both verbal and written
- Meets safety requirements in accomplishing responsibilities of this position complying with all policies or regulations set forth by Simonton or various government agencies concerning safety, environment, vehicles, and any related items
- Other duties as assigned
Pursuing a degree in Business/Operations/Manufacturing or any related discipline.
Has effective skills and experience utilizing the following computer software: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, general Internet applications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.