Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3852B
Elizabethton, TN, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Plant Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the plant including production, planning, inventory management, production control, shipping, and communications cross-functional and to customers. This role is the site leader and ensures company policies and procedures are followed across the plant. The plant manager is responsible to develop and integrate processes that will improve performance in safety, quality, cost, and customer delivery.
- Drive safety performance in the plant by engaging all team members in identifying, analyzing, and taking actions to reduce risks
- Drive safety culture with daily and ongoing messaging
- Plan, organize, direct and drive optimum day-to-day operations performance to exceed our internal and customers’ expectations
- Increase production efficiencies, asset utilization, capacity when needed, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining or improving on current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with current strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus to the plant team in alignment with those initiatives
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions when defects or incidents occur
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime to drive projects and actions to reduce waste
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets and resources
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and ensure the plant morale is good while protecting the interests of the company and our customers
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts such as the Cornerstone Production System and drive them in the plant organization respectively
- Proven work experience as a plant manager in a manufacturing facility
- Proven managerial experience and demonstrated skillset driving continuous improvement
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy with strength in Microsoft excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- Experience in metal fabrication
- Experience in metal buildings, welding, and/or roll forming operations a plus
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.