Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF2591C
Production Area Manager - 2nd Shift
Dallas, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Atrium Windows & Doors, a division of Cornerstone Building Brands, is seeking an experienced Night Shift Production Area Manager for our Dallas, Texas facility.
The 2nd shift Production Area Manager owns the operations function tasks including planning, organizing, directing and controlling the plants operational activities for 2nd shift to ensure that production objectives and goals are obtained.
- Direct and manage staff activities, which generally includes ensuring correct workload planning, receiving, inventory controls and distribution.
- Proactively review practices for correct, quality workmanship and process flow, along with timeliness. Diagnose any potential areas needing improvement and identify and implement process improvements to increase productivity.
- Ensures complete and timely product delivery. Prepares and distributes production schedules.
- Ensure quality to standard. Establishes, maintains, and facilitates product quality specifications.
- Responsible for quality of all products and materials from designated areas of responsibility. Meeting all production specifications, implementation of QC programs and working with vendors and suppliers to meet our specifications on incoming raw materials.
- Technical responsibilities with vendors and suppliers. May also require technical interaction with Research and Development.
- Ensure communication of results vs. standards. Prepares and distributes production reports.
- Ensure a safe work environment. Promptly address safety issues and ensure OSHA standard and ISO 9000 compliance (if applicable). Administer safety training and meetings. Monitor associate activities to ensure adherence to policies.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs, ensuring effective equipment utilization and that safety measures are in place. Schedule downtime for equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Reviews data to seek process, people and machine improvements and develops plans to instill desired results.
- Ensure implementation and monitoring of all parts of the turnkey process, including pick, pack & ship, fulfillment, distribution, customer relations, inventory control, purchasing, etc.
- As applicable, management of hazardous waste programs, coating line pollution, prevention measures and waste minimalization where applicable. Accountable for proper process and procedures for labeling, handling, storage, and inspection of waste. Treatment of line fluids for release to the city.
- Meet or exceed budgeted financial performance standards. Prepare and administer departmental budgets.
- Maintains an organized work environment to ensure a safe, efficient operation.
- Responsible for determining the staffing levels for production.
- Responsible for the development of group leaders and associates.
- Communicate with team leaders, group leaders and associates on other shifts.
- May serve as a facilitator on a designated Safety Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BA/BS degree preferred. HS Diploma or equivalent required
Minimum of 5 years of production/manufacturing plant management experience, managing 30+ associates.
- Ability to forecast production requirements and organize workload into a schedule.
- Solid knowledge of how manufacturing, customer service and physical distribution processes and functions interrelate.
- Demonstrate leadership in management, staff development and training with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet objectives within time-sensitive deadlines with outstanding follow-through, time management and planning skills.
- Excellent communications with strong customer service orientation.
- Financial acumen
- Bilingual skills a plus (Spanish)
- Ability to adjust manpower and departmental spending to accommodate real time sales and conditions.
- Ability to effectively manage a multicultural workforce.
- Above average computer skills including MS Excel, Access, and Word
Position requires minimal travel (less than 10%).
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.