Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF1624L
Lithia Springs, GA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Starting pay starting at $17.50 + $500 BONUS for all new hires after 90 days of employment. Quarterly Gainshare Bonus.
We are seeking Operator to join our dynamic team. This position is located at 2280 Monier Ave in Lithia Springs, GA.
- Support company core values.
- Participate in Safe work environment and completes observations.
- Inspect equipment for safety.
- Read and understand a production order.
- Meet company productivity requirements.
- Meet company and customer quality requirements.
- Use of forklift, crane, and manual handling of materials.
- Complete proper documentation for materials produced.
- Good communication with Team, Supervisor, and Management.
- Maintain promotability to Operator 1.
- Operates machine and instructs help to safely meet production, customer, and company goals and/or requirements.
- Set up and adjustments to all equipment, which includes decoiler, straightener, shear, conveyor, and stacker
- Operation of all equipment.
- Reading and interpreting job documents, stacking of sheets, positioning of sheet and buggies, miscellaneous packaging of products using banding, and clean up duties within the department.
- Occasional use of Overhead Cranes is required.
- Paid time off in first year.
- Competitive Medical Plans
- Health and Dependent Care
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company-Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- 1-year experience - understands and competent in all aspects of safe & efficient operation. Includes all line equipment, processes and procedures.
- Detail and Quality Oriented
- Verifiable Dependability and Energetic
- Good Communication Skills
- Basic computer skills (Email, Internet, Excel, Word).
- Requires experience with hand tools, wrenches, banding equipment, and nail guns.
- Requires the use of measuring gauges.
- Able to read a tape measure.
- Able to lift 100 lbs.
- Forklift & Crane experience a plus – Must be trainable.
- Flexible with working overtime and weekends when needed.
- Physical Requirements/Conditions:
- Standing and walking 8-12 hrs. every day.
- Repetitive lifting of 50+ lbs. throughout shift and awkward body positioning.
- Repetitive climbing on and off equipment and ladders.
- Varying and extreme working conditions outside (Hot, Cold, Rain, Shine).
Position requires experience in the operation of all equipment set forth in the job summary, and the ability to read job documents and make necessary equipment set-ups and adjustments to complete jobs as required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.