Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF6563E
Production Control Associate
Dayton, OH, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Control Associate must be capable of assisting with production paperwork including CPU’s, weekly EDI evaluation on hand vs. demand, month end close tasks, fill out reports, and monitor the production schedule to support all operations throughout the facility.
- Maintain safety, quality and production, plan schedule and assign workload. Coordinate job schedule with Production team to be in line with customer needs
- Responsible for scanning sales orders with POD’s, weekly investigation and reports for Lowes short/late, production entry, cycle counts, review drivers paperwork for accuracy/notify CSRs of any issues
- Responsible for assisting the organization, monitoring and data entry for inventories, reordering office supplies, file and maintain receivers
- Communicate with other Team Leaders to coordinate activities of individual departments to meet a common goal. Communication skills to relay shop questions to Operation personnel
- Ability to run several jobs concurrently
- Create PO’s and receiving/Docuware
- Ability to perform data entry accurately as well as utilization of both Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must expedite work in process to meet production schedules
- Ability to copy, distribute, and file orders as required
- Ability to keep numerical and alphabetical sequences correctly
- Maintains continuous improvement efforts in work area
- Special projects or additional duties as designated by Plant Manager
- Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required communicate with others
- The employee is frequently required to walk
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance essential tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence.
- In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively, via telephone, Microsoft Teams, one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required
- Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat
- The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection
- The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas, (hard hat, gloves, safety glasses, sleeves, and earplug)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Some knowledge of manufacturing environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Computer skills required
- Basic math skills required
Site Address: 625 N. Third St., Tipp City, OH 45371
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.