Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 16256
York, NE, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The 5th shift Manufacturing Shift Supervisor performs frontline supervisory functions and is responsible for safety, corrective action, associate relations, housekeeping and performance reviews for the Friday through Sunday shift 7p-7a shift of hourly associates as well as making recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Supervises, directs, advises, and trains manufacturing team members in accordance with established manufacturing policies and procedures to ensure production demands are met. Ensures all activities are focused on quality, safety, and environmental responsibility. In addition, this position will actively encourage and support concepts of associate involvement, continuous improvement, 5S, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Facilitates the manufacture of building products to meet production demands, while ensuring quality, safety, and environmental responsibility.
- In conjunction with appropriate plant leadership, develops and implements staffing guidelines to maximize utilization of human resources while controlling manpower costs. Hires, supervises, evaluates, and replaces staff as required to ensure performance objectives are met/exceeded.
- Maintain a high degree of leadership and supervisory skills including developing and training teammates so they are prepared to assume positions of increasing responsibilities; evaluate teammates generally annually and give feedback to perform better; and hold shift meetings for Safety and Production items as instructed by the manager.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to include 5S and conversion cost reduction.
- Provides technical leadership and training to shift personnel in areas that may include line setup/operation, testing, tooling, troubleshooting, machine metrics definition/reporting, changeover, safety procedures, record keeping, and training facilitation.
- Identifies potential career paths for associates and works with associates to develop their skills and knowledge to progress within the company. Provides documentation and follow up to training and job responsibilities.
- Interviews qualified candidates for manufacturing positions and recommends candidates for hire.
- Assigns personnel to extrusion lines or production areas and oversees line or area rotations and break schedules during assigned shift(s) by maintaining a high degree of communication skills to accomplish seamless shift changes and troubleshooting progress.
- Completes or oversees completion of paperwork relative to line operation, operator logs, PM logs, audits, and corrective action.
- Interrupt the normal flow of work to respond to any short notice production or shipping needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety policies and regulations and ability to address all unsafe acts and conditions.
- Administers policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provides coaching and counseling to associates and corrective action when needed, always following the company guidelines.
- Ability to promote overall goals of company in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Identifies and assists with implementations for continuous process improvement. Uses statistics or SPC to help better control the extrusion and/or production or assembly process.
- Controls materials to eliminate waste.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology, Management, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of three years of progressively responsible supervisory/leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Relevant experience in sheet extrusion strongly preferred for extrusion facilities, fenestration experience strongly preferred for windows facilities.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, combined with the ability to educate and train non-degreed operators and technicians in a production environment.
- Ability to play a true team member role with other key plant leadership members.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate, mentor and train associates on a regular basis.
- A highly skilled and motivated individual proficient in all areas of extrusion operation.
- Possesses a high degree of current quality standards and checks.
- Proficient in STOP and 5S principles.
- Upper level mathematical and mechanical skills required.
- Proficient in use of calipers and other measuring devices.
- Knowledge of PVC resin/compound blending preferred for some locations.
- Knowledge of fenestration process experience may also be required.
- Knowledge of work orders, schedules and priorities and ability to carry out tasks.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.