Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 16911
Dallas, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor performs frontline supervisory functions and is responsible for safety, corrective action, associate relations, housekeeping and performance reviews for a shift or for multiple shifts of hourly associates as well as making recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Supervises, directs, advises, and trains manufacturing team members in accordance with established manufacturing policies and procedures to ensure production demands are met. Ensures all activities are focused on quality, safety, and environmental responsibility. In addition, this position will actively encourage and support concepts of associate involvement, continuous improvement, 5S, and lean manufacturing concepts.
We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Shift Supervisor to lead the production team at our Atrium Windows plant in Dallas, Texas. In this role you report to the Production Manager and Plant Manager, and will be responsible for supervising, directing, and training manufacturing team members to meet production goals in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, while driving plant quality and performance improvements using continuous improvement, 5S, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Responsible for adhering to production schedule efficiently and meet production rates daily.
- Train and develop production line staff in the window manufacturing process.
- Instill and reinforce Company policies and procedures regarding safety and Company rules.
- Motivate production team to ensure goals are met.
- Keep production schedule on time with no open orders.
- Be an effective communicator with all team members.
- Control scrap materials from production.
- Direct your team to maintain good housekeeping on the line.
- Make recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Actively encourage and support concepts of associate involvement, continuous improvement, 5S, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Communicate daily with Production Staff, Quality Control, Shipping, Sales, Customer Service and Service.
- High school diploma or equivalent; post HS education is a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience working hands-on in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in training and directing personnel.
- Must be able to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Must have good analytical skills and communications skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a major plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.