Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF1464U
Kearney, MO, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Project Engineer is responsible for all technical activities on assigned projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participates.
Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned project resource personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the contract are successfully satisfied. Not responsible to ensure the technical accuracy of specific design details in areas where not qualified: However, expected to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design/direct/manage projects (as assigned) to include capital budget development, capital budget maintenance, and expense reduction projects
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables, includes creating project engineering schedules and forecasts; Monthly project status reports and change orders
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project clients or plants
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking
- Participating in contractor meetings and resolving manufacturing/engineering and management project issues
- Design/develop cost reduction projects, for plants and corporate, including follow-up and involvement from conception to completion
- Facilitate the design, purchase, and implementation of machinery and equipment for manufacturing processes, as well as coordinate projects and improvements with plants
- Using management skills, establish relationships with vendors to keep equipment updated and current with latest technology and improvements
- Prepare reports and paperwork as needed to communicate properly all projects with management and other interested parties to include plants and vendors where applicable
- Work to assure compliance with governmental rules, codes, standards, regulations, and with industry standards. (e.g. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, UST’s, CERCLA, SARA, DOT, and other as applicable)
- Develop programs and plans for long range needs of plants in line with corporate requirements and needs
- Create presentations as needed or assigned to properly communicate project information
- Develop process and project documentation to include capability studies, flow analysis, project charts, blueprints, CPM charts, equipment layouts, Pareto analysis, cost reduction studies, and others as assigned or appropriate
- Assist R&D efforts to implement new products or process into production for improvements and/or competitive advantage
- Participate in corporate business unit (as applicable) and plant efforts to maintain safe and orderly work environments. Work with plant (or across business unit as appropriate) to foster and develop teamwork in our efforts to be productive and competitive
- Assist plants and vendors with equipment design improvements
- Establish project goals, budgets, and timelines
- As appropriate or assigned, may assume environmental responsibility to include air permit, storm water permit, hazardous waste compliance and SARA, etc. and submission of required reports. Will also conduct related training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering or related discipline. Plastics equipment and process technology/engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Five to eight years experience in engineering discipline in corporate and plant settings with a solid, demonstrated record of achievement. Relevant plant operations or technical experience will also be considered. Experience in plastics manufacturing preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with multiple discipline projects. Proficiency with personal computers, including Microsoft Suite. BATC Safety Training may be required for corporate business unit position. AutoCAD preferred. Knowledge of PLC and HMI programming including AB RSLogixs and Wonderware software preferred
- Heavy travel required 30%
Site Address: 303 W Major St. Kearney, MO 64060
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.