Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3133F
Houston, TX, US / Remote
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The primary responsibility is to lead and monitor the execution of assigned project deliverables through the complete Engineering life cycle under the direction of the Project Engineering Director. The PE will be involved in order clarity, project scheduling, budget estimating, procurement, customer interfaces, contribute to the overall strategy, and manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise. This is one of the most critical roles within the Engineering organization and requires technical knowledge of Commercial Building Systems products, design, services and interdepartmental processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the Engineering Centers of Excellence teams in the execution of all design aspects of metal buildings. This includes order clarity, scheduling, resourcing loading and balancing, development of design, drawings, and related internal and external customer documents, and providing technical support to manufacturing, sourcing, and project management
- Act as liaison between Commercial Buildings Customer Services, Engineering contractors, Field Services, and Manufacturing and Engineering departments within the organization from pre-order through shipment
- Be responsible for establishing the technical requirements, objectives, timing, resources and funding required and assuring conformance to standards and specifications
- Ensure assigned programs meet cost targets, schedule commitments, and necessary technical quality
- Review applicable P6 schedule information and identify any schedule risks
- Conduct quality/consistent checks on engineering deliverables
- Ensure assigned programs are fully resourced with the right experience
- Forecast resource loading and report potential resource constraints
- Coordinate, prepare, and maintain quality and delivery of technical deliverables in support of customer specific applications
- Ensure personnel supporting the assigned programs follow execution procedures and management of change
- Track and oversee Management of Change to minimize rework and impact to schedules and overall lead time
- Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
- Serve as the primary project technical contact for the duration of project through design and fabrication
- Resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate
- Support and coordinate with interfacing organizations such as Sales, BSRs, product line management, IT, sourcing, operations management, and manufacturing
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s degree in related engineering or related discipline Preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Project Engineering, Planning, and Project Management required. Managing Construction projects in the Oil and Gas Industry highly desired
- Organizational abilities. Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of planning tools such as Primavera 6 (P6) and analysis tools for project management
- Intermediate Excel, MS Office, SharePoint. ERP systems – must be comfortable with implementation of new technology
- Effective written and verbal communication
- An average understanding of Commercial Building Systems product offering as well as general construction fundamentals and engineering principles as well as the ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why Work For Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000 - $120,000 + 5% bonus + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401K and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.