Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF6404K
Houston, TX, US / Remote
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The primary responsibility of the Pre-Engineered Metal Building Project Manager position is to facilitate quality and accurate Quotations, Purchase Orders, and Work Orders to ensure customer expectations are exceeded as well as prompt, courteous and professional responses to customer requests as well as act as the liaison between both internal and external customers and all departments within the organization on assigned backlog from signed order through shipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accurate and efficient processing of orders, review quotations for accuracy and inquiries from builders which includes clarifying communications, expediting orders in accordance with established policies and procedures particularly with the download team.
- Communicate drawing and shipping schedules with customers / builders after they are established
- Confirm / verify pricing received accurately reflects scope of work defined on Purchase Orders
- Promptly and professionally respond to all customers/builders and District Sales Manager Inquiries
- Promptly analyze and discuss with customers/builders the cost and scheduling impact of potential Change Orders
- Promptly notify other departments of Change Orders
- Price and process Change Orders promptly to ensure customer expectations are met while maintaining or improving margins
- Effectively communicate and work effectively with internal and external partners to ensure customer expectations are exceeded
- Continually improve understanding of Cornerstone Building Brands Products and Procedures as well as improving ability to read and interpret Architectural Plans and Specifications
- Be a creative, positive partner with personnel in other departments to provide the required level of service to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Act as an escalation point for questions from BSR’s and peers and facilitate training as needed
- Review jobs processed by other team members for accuracy, class 1-7 orders
- Knowledge and skill based Special Projects as assigned
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Engineering or similar discipline highly desired
- A minimum of 3-5 years industry experience in pre-engineered metal buildings costing and estimating, engineering, drafting, or pre-engineering project management
- Effective written and verbal communication as well as strong mathematical skills
- Ability to prioritize projects that have conflicting timelines effectively
- Great time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- An understanding of general construction fundamentals and engineering principles
- Basic knowledge of Estimating Process
- Mastered ability to own and execute low level complexity technical projects
- Proficient ability to own and execute medium level complexity technical projects
- Challenged ability to own and execute high level complexity technical projects
- A sound understanding of general construction fundamentals and engineering principles
- Proficient ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications
- AutoCAD, Bluebeam and/or PDF Editor a plus
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $60,000 to $70,000 + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.