Prime Window Systems | Employer reference: REF5069U
Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer
Yakima, WA, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles Quality Assurance/Control site functions at a tactical level
- Acts as a key contact for suppliers and customers on quality-related issues
- Executes effective methods for inspection, testing, sampling, and training
- Deploys and validates approved revisions of existing methods and procedures to improve products and / or processes
- Manages all CTQ, prioritization quality matrix (QPM), problem solving, and other modules as part of the Corporate Quality strategy
- Executes and maintains all reporting documentation for quality-related topics as required
- Provide support for all company established quality programs as required
- Ensures measuring equipment calibrations are being performed and kept up with per schedule
- Works with suppliers striving to provide defect-free components for use in the manufacturing process
- Ensures alignment of data collection and analysis with organizational quality objectives
- Manages all lean concepts, kaizen events, and other modules as part of the Corporate Continuous Improvement strategy
- Facilitates and leads the continuous improvement process by identifying training needs and providing training in problem solving methodology, Kaizen, 5S, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Engages the leadership team in setting and achieving goals utilizing Lean initiatives. This includes working with key leadership both functionally and strategically to drive overall improvements in specific areas
- Directs and coordinates CI and process engineering activities in the plant
- Ensure that CTO and CI activities are aligned with goals for each plant and with the Regional CI Manager
- Provides input and feedback to key leadership positions about process improvement opportunities
- Lead efforts to develop and deliver training
- Assists in the hiring, leadership, development, coaching, supervision, evaluation, and disciplining of departmental staff
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- The preferred candidate will have 3-5 years of manufacturing experience and at least 1-2 years of quality experience or continuous improvement
- Enthusiastic about the value quality and continuous improvement brings to the manufacturing process and passionate about keeping technical skills up to date, understanding best practices, and deploying quality systems and kaizen events to achieve prescribed goals and targets
- Displays a strong ability to use data to rationally analyze and solve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff and run events
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $69,000 to $80,000 + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.