Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF4928C
Monticello, IA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Factory Quality Manager is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and resource stewardship for the Factory Quality organization. He/She will lead the execution of cross-functional strategies and plans that ensure we execute the company’s production system quality control roadmap.
Successful candidates demonstrate their commitment to their team by taking direct responsibility for the safety of the people, build trust and value the experience of the team around them and look to develop the people, sets high expectations for self and others, is a change agent and an effective communicator, encourages cross-functional collaboration, and shows personal resilience. This position reports to the Plant Manager with a dotted line reporting to Corporate Quality Regional Leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Foster a culture, including ways of working and behaviors, that is congruent with our mission, values, and success model
- Identify and implement ways of working that make quality first a shared mindset and a way of life at CBB. Focus will be on the process, not the individual
- Ability to build strong business relationships and work collaboratively across multiple functions
- End to end quality responsibility: supplier, manufacturing, and customer satisfaction
- Support the development of the Cornerstone Quality Management System and lead the execution at the factory
- Develops and executes effective methods for inspection, testing, sampling, and training
- Monitor the customer satisfaction and internal metrics, drive initiatives and projects to improve quality as a competitive advantage
- Support the development and drive the execution of the Cornerstone Production System Quality Control Pillar
- Develop and maintain the Quality Prioritization Matrix
- Lead and/or facilitate team problem solving for customer and internal quality issues to find true root cause, develop and execute Permanent Corrective Actions
- Explore, identify, and execute new technologies that improve effectiveness of our quality control systems including error and mistake proof solutions
- Understand that speed matters and is prompt with action and information, willing to make decisions based on calculated risks, and moves issues to closure by driving teams forward
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related industrial
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- The successful candidate will have at least 6+ years of manufacturing experience and at least 3 years of quality experience
- Enthusiastic about the value quality brings to the manufacturing process and passionate about keeping technical skills up to date, understanding best practices, and deploying quality systems to achieve goals and targets
- Displays a strong ability to use data to rationally analyze and solve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff
- Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies
- Requires minimal travel (15%)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.