Atrium Windows and Doors | Employer reference: REF3903D
Recycling Technician 3rd Shift
Dallas, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay Starts at $17.00 per hour, plus $2.00 per hour shift differential
Shift: 3rd shift - 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visually inspect extruded product for appearance and size defects according to specifications
- Conduct recurrent tests/inspections of products’ functional features (visual appearance, edge seal quality, squareness, length and thickness)
- Notify appropriate personnel (Extrusion Associate 3s, 4s, 5s, Manufacturing Shift Supervisor) of product defects
- Ensure proper packing patterns, product counts, and package enclosures
- Discard unacceptable product in Scrap Rack
- Identify product that is jammed up in production line and assist as necessary
- Identify that line is going down and assist as necessary
- Assist with product changes
- Perform line shut down tasks
- Communicate with previous and following shifts’ Extrusion Associates about product quality, problems, and status of work in progress
- Perform housekeeping duties as needed such as cleaning up of saws and packaging equipment
- Complete accurately and legibly all line paperwork
- Notify Extrusion Associate 3, 4 or 5 (Operators) of alarm from Ink Jet Printer
- Punch time clock before and after shift to record time worked
- Observe health and safety practices
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Maintain supplies at workstation
- Communicate with Powered Industrial Truck Operator to move full units or scrap
- Assist with training of temporaries and new hires in Extrusion Associate 1 positions
- Float to relieve other Extrusion Associates for breaks
- Attend weekly shift meetings and monthly All Hands Forum, if required
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- Notify Supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions
- Assist with production equipment maintenance
- No experience required
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math skills as job duties require; must be able to read tape measure, micrometer, and dial caliper
- Must possess common sense, positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent attendance
- Must be quality and safety conscious, a team player
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to concentrate for sustained periods
- Must have good communication skills and be able to interact with people
- Extensive standing, frequent bending, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, twisting, and walking. Extreme weather conditions
- Hearing protection, safety glasses, tape measure, gloves, and power saws
- Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals
- Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions
Our Location: 9001 Ambassador Row Dallas, TX 75247
Shoe Voucher/Reimbursement after 90 days of employment
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.