Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF4171P
Senior Corporate Accountant
Cary, NC, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Senior Corporate Accountant is a key member of the corporate accounting team and will work closely with all members of the corporate accounting, tax and finance teams. The position will report to the Director, Consolidation and Corporate Accounting and will have a high detail orientation and help drive efficiencies throughout the global accounting function to enhance the monthly close; consolidation and reporting processes; and related controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the monthly corporate close, including preparing journal entries consistent with Company policies
- Prepare account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items and other issues in a timely manner
- Investigate and resolve transactional processing issues
- Assist in the monthly consolidation process
- Ensure that all constituencies of the consolidation are served, including, but not limited to Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) reporting, corporate tax, and financial planning
- Assist in intercompany accounting and reconciliation process
- Program accounting, lease accounting, accrued liabilities, inventory reserves, and warranty accruals
- Complete monthly income statement and balance sheet fluctuation analysis and review the results with the Director, Consolidation and Corporate Accounting. Prepare account rollforward schedules
- Support preparation of the consolidated statement of cash flows
- Support the preparation of the annual 10-K, quarterly 10-Qs, and other filings with the SEC
- Properly execute internal controls compliance within the Corporate Accounting department by ensuring processes and controls are adequately documented, maintained, and applied
- Implement areas for the improvement of the corporate accounting processes
- Work closely with both internal and external auditors
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and within the accounting organization
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of strong financial accounting and analysis experience is required in corporate accounting (preferably for a publicly traded company) or with a public accounting firm
- Experience working on warranty; leases; liability, property, healthcare, pensions,etc a must
- Experience establishing, documenting, and implementing well-defined accounting and control procedures, policies, and processes
- Advanced knowledge of financial accounting / reporting with a balance of external reporting and operational analysis
- Experience in financial reporting, both internal and management reporting
- Experience performing complex consolidations of global businesses preferred and strong GAAP understanding
- Detail oriented and focused on completion and follow up
- Experience with foreign currency translation and transactional impacts of international entities
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Strong collaboration as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Strong intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Must have strong experience utilizing enterprise resource planning (ERP) software (e.g., Oracle, SAP, or JD Edwards)
- Experience with consolidation tools (e.g., Hyperion or OneStream) a plus
- CPA is highly preferred
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.