Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF7624W
Senior Data Analyst
Houston, TX, US / Remote
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for managing and supporting Quality and Manufacturing initiatives throughout all Cornerstone Building Brands business segments. The Sr. Data Analyst is expected to work with and learn from Business Leaders how to manage data and facilitate reporting that will support events focused on process improvement. The Sr. Data Analysist is responsible for data collection and analytics supporting the Quality and Manufacturing organization. All activities performed by the Quality Analyst are in support of fostering a cultural transformation for Cornerstone Building Brands to be a leader in exemplifying world-class Quality and continuous improvement behaviors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop analytical models, automating reporting and providing simple yet effective visualizations for stakeholders, using Power BI, SharePoint, Excel, SQL and other software programs
- Use effective communication skills, working closely with internal customers to understand the business need and determine what data can best be used to drive quality business decisions
- This role will require a range of capabilities including but not limited to exploratory data analysis, data trending, statistical analysis, regression, and other mathematical techniques
- Ability to work in teams to understand, define and implement solutions to problems
- Define and track KPI (key performance indicators) for all quality essentials
- Prepare and communicate reports on quality activities and efficiencies
- Identify, lead and drive CTO (Cost Take Out) or CoPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) initiatives across business units
- 5 year of experience with analytics systems (particularly PowerBI, with recognition of experience with Tableau and other relevant experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or data Analytics strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of processes of data collection, management, cleaning, organization, reporting, visualization, and analysis
- Strong computer and analytic skills including Power BI, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project management software. With the ability to learn new skills and programs quickly to adapt to technological advancements
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and exhibit strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results
- Highly flexible and able to react constructively and with a positive attitude to multiple demands, shifting priorities, changed and unexpected events
- Knowledge of predictive analytics a plus
- Knowledge of RPA/automation, PowerApps, Power Automate a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000 to $95,000 + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.