Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF4859V
Senior Inventory Planner and Scheduler
Houston, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Coordination of all planning & scheduling activities during the painting and distribution of coils for Cornerstone Building Brand's NCI manufacturing operations. Distribute Heavy, Acrylic, and Painted Light Gauge Coils to all components and building manufacturing facilities based on Managed Requirements Planning goals. Act as a subject matter expert for coil painting scheduling to NCI Buildings and Components Segments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Thorough and deep understanding of the calculations of the MIP/MRP
- Exhaustive knowledge of process flow both for both building and components coil planning and scheduling
- High level problem solving; to include inventory cost consideration, freight costs, customer experience, and overall value stream decisions
- Create weekly paint Schedules for Coating facilities according to MIP demand
- Coordination with Plant Buyers Plan upcoming requirements with Buyers
- Update usages to keep MIP items current
- Tracking and updating to end user of purchase orders through the Coating facilities
- Create new item set-ups with Oracle
- Work and resolve with Paint Vendor on technical paint issues
- Create Purchase Orders for Expense goods such as perforated coil
- Assist the plant buyers in movement of material between coating locations
- Facilitate and Organize conference calls and meetings with the Inventory Planners and Coating facilities
- Create and interpret Managed Inventory Program to replenish Light Gauge Coiled Steel Inventory
- Create Purchase Orders for procurement of the necessary coil to paint, process, or distribute to all of NCI divisions to fulfill the company demand
- Create weekly inventory reports with Oracle applications
- Create weekly Inventory reports for external storage and outside vendor locations
- Special Pricing Quoting of custom painted coil for the Outside Sales Division
- Initialize the movement of loads with Transportation based on timely arrival to our manufacturing facilities
- Purchase/Inventory Plan for raw material to slit and fulfil requirements for the customer
- Work closely with Plant associates and Inventory associates to resolve receiving issues
- Calculate material requirements according to Special Purchase Request’s (SPR) or Coil Requisitions submitted by the NCI Building and Components division.
- Timely enter and submit coil releases for assigned plants
- Timely enter and submit slit requests with Coaters as requirements occur
- Demonstrate organizational skills for paperwork and processes
- Communicate with coworkers effectively and promptly
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor or Associates Degree highly desired
- 5+ years experience in high volumn Inventory Planning and scheduling
- Ability to analyze and collate numerous demand signals inputs to make “right-sized” inventory decisions
- Effective working in fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects with conflicting priorities
- Highly organized and analytical mindset
- Effective Conflict Resolution and Prioritization experience
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, must be able to lead meetings & write technically oriented reports and presentations
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (to include Pivot Tables) / Word / Outlook/ PowerPoint/ Tableau
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.