Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF4020N
Team Lead Shipping 1st Shift
Rome, NY, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base pay starts at $26.00 per hour
1st Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have a full understanding of all aspects of traffic coordination as well as the ability to operate forklifts, cranes, side loaders, and yard trucks to lead and give guidance to the loading team
- Understanding all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing environment. As well as perform daily forklift inspections, LSWO’s
- Good oral and written communication skills for interactions with shop floor, drivers, transportation, brand delivery coordinators and other inter organizational plant personnel
- Has knowledge of packaging parts using all types of crating and packaging materials, metal bands, covering, or other methods to secure and protect parts in shipment
- Understands actual vs. maximum allowable trailer loads. Must perform dock audits to ensure proper QC of all items loaded
- Coordinate with loaders who will unload and check items against freight bills and packing lists. Research any notations of damages, shortages and other irregularities for accountability on OTIF
- Gives on the job direction to new shipping employees and/or others assisting in shipping area
- Assist with inventory counts as required
- Maintain continuous improvement practices in work area
- May be assigned other projects and duties as designated by Manager
- High School Diploma or recognized equivalent
- Knowledge of Shipping and/or Loading material in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with Oracle and Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, in addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required. Bi-lingual is a plus
- Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division. Some positions may require advance mathematics
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a diversified work force
- Ability to read different measuring devices (i.e., tape measure, truck and crane scales)
- The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas, (hard hat, gloves, chin strap, safety glasses, arm sleeves and earplugs
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
Site Address: 6168 State Route 233 Rome, NY 13440
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.