Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF2857U
Shop Floor Technologist 1
Peachtree City, GA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, the organization serves residential and commercial customers across new construction and repair and remodel market. This position will be located at the Peachtree City, GA Factory and it is part of the Windows Group.
The Shop Floor Technologist will be responsible to backup, maintain and assist in the upgrade of the hardware/software running the computerized equipment executing the Shop Floor applications. This position assist driving modeling and documenting consistency across the current Shop Floor systems to support root cause analysis / permanent solutions for issues affecting uptime for Shop Floor systems running the vinyl business. This position will act as a liaison between Operations and IT to resolve and deploy solutions for issues affecting Manufacturing. IT will be responsible for the definition of, and support for, the technical architecture of the Shop Floor systems (hardware/software) and/ or integrations with the related systems (IBM, MES, etc.)
- Responsible of ensuring computers are properly maintained. Verification is performed thru audit checks of the hardware and software of the Shop Floor stations regarding completeness, usability and performance
- Develop and deliver user training, documentation, and provide input to policies, processes, procedure, and presentations on new systems and upgrades; or, to inexperienced users. Mentor and train the Manufacturing associates on the standards, best practices and processes required to utilize the software applications running the Shop Floor equipment.
- Serve as a point of contact for Manufacturing users to resolve inquiries and technical requests. Manage, track, and report on service / support calls from site Manufacturing users, troubleshoot and resolve Shop Floor Technology systems problems, including integration to other systems, such as IBM, MES. Work pro-actively to identify potential issues and recommends / implements preventive measures. Partner with IT for resolution as needed.
- Assist with ensuring that the integrity of Manufacturing downloads is maintained. Verification is performed thru audit checks of the different Manufacturing system’s databases against flowcharts, specifications, integrations and work standards for the vinyl business.
- Participate in efforts to keep abreast of technological advances and opportunities for continued evolution of the site’s Shop Floor Technology solutions. Participate in major technical projects (i.e. upgrades, new software implementations, operating system maintenance, etc.).
- Actively participate in internal and external Technology user groups for the purpose of knowledge and best practice sharing.
- Provide mentorship for less senior SFT Technicians
- Associates or technical degree / certificate related to Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- A+ certification required. Network+, CCNA certifications preferred
- 5+ years of experience providing technical support in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable skills in setting up, upgrading, troubleshooting, and repairing computer stations.
- Strong communications skills, including oral, written, and graphic skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated project team experience as an active participant.
- Has basic familiarity with the software development life cycle and structured Project Management Methodology.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.