Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 17055
Salem, OR, US / Remote
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking a Structural Design Engineer. The primary responsibility of the Design Engineer positions is to provide structural design of metal buildings under the direction of the Engineering Director. The position require strong technical ability to design metal building systems. These roles are very critical to the Engineering department as they will impact productivity, efficiency, lead times, cost, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide neat, accurate, easy-to-follow designs that meet code requirements and manufacturing restraints
- Provide system deadlines that result in least-cost, easy to erect building systems that meet the customer’s needs and company procedures.
- Maintain the required schedule that often has late-addition requirements or changes in priority.
- Communicate needs and difficulties to all members of the team to assure quick disposition of problems.
- Continually improve productivity, accuracy and ability.
- Continually expand engineering knowledge so that a Professional Engineering License can be obtained and maintained.
- Protect the public by employing sound engineering judgement without being overly conservative in the approach.
- Understand the role in the overall system and be willing to step outside that role when required.
- Preferred Licensed Professional Engineer or someone working to obtain this.
- Design medium to higher complexity buildings
- Continuous productivity improvements without loss of accuracy or completeness, reduction of manufacturing and drafting costs, and increased ease of erection and customer value.
- Ability to manage projects beyond the design phase through project completion
- Ability to manage several overlapping projects.
- Check the work and mentor junior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 4-years metal building design experience or related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.