Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3419L
Supply Chain Supervisor
North Brunswick Township, NJ, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
PURPOSE / GOALS
This position is responsible for setting, measuring, and maintaining the production cadence for the plant, through the planning and execution of production schedules and reports in accordance with customer requirements, lead times, and manufacturing capabilities. The position also includes responsibility for the management of finished goods inventory levels and adherence to target inventory levels as a function of the plant’s fiscal responsibility. The position will not only include process oversight, but will also include the supervision of direct reports, including payroll management, coaching, and performance reviews. This position will also support master data maintenance of finished goods as well as play an active role in the implementation of new manufacturing lines, products, and cost takeout projects.
- Analyze production volumes and manufacturing capacities on all manufacturing lines and develop a daily production plan that supports customer requirements and financial targets.
- Supervise the execution of the daily production schedule by direct reports, including producing stock orders, firming custom orders, and printing paperwork and labels for shop floor.
- Manage IBM manufacturing calendars and times fences so that custom and stock orders meet or exceed the published lead times and that the plant maintains a manageable backlog.
- Execute scheduling programs (auto scheduler) twice daily for all SilverLine facilities in the ERP system (IBM).
- Monitor finished good inventory and compare against target inventory levels and supervise the release of stock orders to support business needs.
- Analyze requirements from other CBB facilities and supervise the timely production and picking of stock to support the requested delivery dates.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Logistics and Fleet to support the scheduling changes required during holidays, physical inventories, etc. to ensure that the plant maintains cadence.
- Communicate high volumes or special requests to Procurement and Glass teams, ensuring that support areas can meet customer requirements.
- Supervise the development and communication of reporting that supports the material flow, information flow, and inventory management for the plant.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Area Managers to flex labor across production lines to support customer requirements.
- Key participant in daily production meetings, providing focus, priorities and following up on cadence ‘misses’ combined with the ability to lead the meetings when the Supply Chain / Logistics Manager is not available.
- Key member of Physical Inventory team, assisting with the scheduling, training, data entry, and audit responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing team by setting expectations, providing the tools, and training to succeed and holding team members accountable.
- Complete payroll responsibilities in DayForce, including review and approval of timesheets on a daily basis, approval of requests for time off in a timely manner, etc.
- Communicate effectively with direct reports through high visibility, an open-door policy, regular 1:1 sessions, coaching opportunities, and the annual performance appraisal process.
- Act as a SME and resource for testing and implementation of cost takeout projects as well as new ERP system(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must be fluent in English; bilingual is a plus (Spanish).
Minimum of 2 years in a supply chain role that includes Scheduling, MPS/MRP production planning or similar functions, preferably within a manufacturing environment. Experience should also include proven inventory management capability.
Skills / Abilities
Strong oral and written communication skills required in combination with a proven ability to collaborate across teams to solve problems and maintain customer (internal and external) focused and financial results. Must be able to analyze disparate data and be comfortable making business decisions that support the company’s objectives. Advanced knowledge of Excel combined with a working knowledge and experience with ERP systems (IBM is a plus). Must be comfortable interacting with all members of the organization as well as supervising direct reports. Must exhibit our CBB Core Values of Safety, Innovation, Integrity, and Teamwork and lead using the framework of our Success Model.
Other duties as required
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.