Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF8017X
Quality Customer Services Representative
Kearney, MO, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
This is a hybrid role working onsite in Kearney, Missouri 2-3 days a week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Function as a representative member of the Technical Service team, ensuring the customer’s perception of value added service. Take personal responsibility for every contact to ensure that the customer’s requirements are met from time of initial call receipt until the technical needs are met or warranty claim is processed and closed.
- Examine claims information, test samples and approve / deny, negotiate, and bring about settlement and closure of warranty claims, balancing customer relations and cost control
- Work with National, Regional, and Territory Sales Managers to facilitate field inspections and handling of claims remotely, in an efficient, effective, and timely manner
- Provide training to appropriate personnel as necessary on claims handling, technical needs, test methods and inspection procedures
- Arrange third party field inspections as necessary to maintain service commitments and best utilize sales personnel availability, balancing sales involvement and cost control
- Effectively communicate, through verbal and written communications, pertinent information to a wide ranging audience within our distribution channels
- Appropriately communicate with outside attorneys and other legal system personnel, ensuring the Company’s interest are protected
- Develop and maintain product expertise in application and product usage, building techniques, and use of compatible building components
- Provide verbal and written technical assistance to customer base. Help develop and maintain accurate and useful installation instructions on all products
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education at the college level or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a responsible position tasked with handling Technical Service matters and warranty processes with similar customer base, or in a sales support/customer service or similar position required
- Must possess the proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, sales personnel, attorneys, and Company personnel at all levels
- Positive and professional communication skills along with active listening skills
- A patient, understanding, empathetic and positive attitude
- Experience with conflict resolution
- A strong customer centric attitude with emotional intelligence
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities while maintaining attention to detail
- Possess superior teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Windows based software such as Excel, Word, Access, etc
- Should possess the proven ability to negotiate acceptable agreements, balancing customer relations and cost control
- Must be capable of discriminating color differences
- Ability to gain extensive knowledge of application, and technical knowledge of all company products
- Light Travel (1-2 trips a year)
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred, not required
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.**Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.